Fixed (1.20.1.6) Scroll position not remembered in file dialog

via5

Reactions
There's this in the 1.20.1.5 patch notes: "File Browse - Fixed issue with scroll not resetting to top of file browser on page change". I don't know what the issue was, but I think it makes the save/load scene file dialog not remember the scroll position anymore. This was a really useful feature in the previous version and it'd be nice to have it back. I keep having to scroll down every time I save.

Weirdly, the scroll position is remembered when moving from the inside of a var file back to another folder like "all flattened", which is a good thing. So there's some inconsistency with scrolling.

Edit: Actually, it looks like cancelling the file dialog remembers the scroll position, but saving does not?

If you save a new scene/preset, the browser must be refreshed to show the new scene/preset, so it resets the page to 1 and the scroll back to top on save. Load does not reset the scroll or page. This was intentional. I supposed I can tweak it so if the save is an overwrite it doesn't reset the page/scroll. Let me look at that tweak at least.

> I supposed I can tweak it so if the save is an overwrite it doesn't reset the page/scroll

That'd be perfect!

I have made the tweak so overwrite will not refresh the browser. But if you save a new file it will refresh still (set page to 1 and scroll to top)

Back
Top Bottom