• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Would love a complete mocap tutorial please!

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I would love to get into making mocap animations for VaM but I have no idea where to start. I did a Google search and didn't find anything. I also thought about writing directly to the mocap masters here like KittyMocap and ReignMocap but I know they make money off their hard work and probably don't have the time to teach someone their craft. And it might not be a good financial move for them to give up their "trade secrets".

So I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows of an a to z guide for doing mocaps for VaM. What hardware are people like KittyMocap using? What software do they use to convert the real life movements into something that can be used in VaM? Teach me and I promise to share my work with the world! :)

By the way, I have experimented with the Timeline plugin but I think I'm ready for the next step, wearing a mocap suit or device or whatever it is that copies my exact body movements.

Better first the Guides section, then Google:

Thank you atani but I was not asking about basic animation, I was asking about mocaps like the kind KittyMocap and others make, presumably by wearing some type of mocap suit or using some other external devices. Would love to know more about that and their step-by-step process.

Unless you're saying that KittyMocap and others are not using anything special and are simply following the instructions in the guide you listed?

I'm guessing that using a Vive with trackers, possessing a person, and recording like the video would get you there. A suit is probably a fancier and more accurate version of the above system.

Or could be something entirely different, don't know.

I appreciate your posting atani since so far no one else has. Hopefully someone who does heavy mocap will see this and post. I'd even be willing to pay for a how to guide or tutorial.

Heavy mocap creators who reply on the Forum might be too few, possibly better to ask in the Discord server.

I've never got around to joining Discord. I'm sometimes late to the party on these things. I just joined Twitter last year. :)

You get your answers to the mocap question
I have 8 Vive trackers, vive base stations, vive controllers and a pimax headset. You add all eight trackers in steam for
Left Foot
Right Foot
Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Waist
Chest
Camera
Keyboard, this is so they show up in VAM. Then in VAM i use embody & Timeline to record. Then its just mocapping.

Back
Top Bottom