Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
cuddlemocap.com
Patreon
cuddlemocap
CuddleMocap submitted a new resource:

Witch's Seduction - 6-min strip tease and looping sex mocap

Happy Vamoween! This is our very first sitting-position sex scene! There are two 3-minute chapters. The first chapter is a strip tease and sex scene choreographed to music. The second chapter is a looping sex position with VamLaunch controls and an orgasm button. Enjoy!
Motion capture, face capture, finger tracking, and voice acting all performed by a real woman!

A huge thank you to VL_13 for giving me special permission to use the skirt in this scene! VL_13's clothing is amazing, and I'm...

Read more about this resource...

Got a question for you, though - Why don't you use VamStory for the menus? Can't be lack of technical aptitude - you've easily mastered stuff way more demanding.

I mean ... I could port your menus to VaMstory, and I'm nowhere near an expert.

Got a question for you, though - Why don't you use VamStory for the menus? Can't be lack of technical aptitude - you've easily mastered stuff way more demanding.

I mean ... I could port your menus to VaMstory, and I'm nowhere near an expert.
VamStory came out right about the same time that I became a mocap creator. I was VERY busy making mocaps and managing a Patreon page, so I never picked it up and messed with it at all. That isn't to say that I won't use it, though. Since I am currently making new scene templates now, it's not a bad time for me to start learning it. However, I am a little nervous to rely on it too much, since Hazmhox has gone missing, and there won't be any new updates or fixes. It looks like he might be gone indefinitely. 😢

Last edited:
VamStory came out right about the same time that I became a mocap creator. I was VERY busy making mocaps and managing a Patreon page, so I never picked it up and messed with it at all. That isn't to say that I won't use it, though. Since I am currently making new scene templates now, it's not a bad time for me to start learning it. However, I am a little nervous to rely on it too much, since Hazmhox has gone missing, and there won't be any new updates or fixes. It looks like he might be gone indefinitely. 😢

Yeah ...

... for fairness, I'd have to add that another of my favorite creators (ispinox) has had some negative experiences. Not with the plugin itself, mind you - he found out that some of his subscribers haven't upgraded to latest VaM version - and VamStory requires latest VaM versions (or rather: newer than the widely used 1.22.7.99 version).

For ... whatever reason. I totally don't get it WHY they wouldn't upgrade to latest VaM versions, since especially the last two VaM versions provide very important feature upgrades in themselves (especially better JSON parsing - means better loading times, better mocap-data handling, menus open much faster etc).

TL;DR - He's gotten some complaints from ppl who couldn't use the scene correctly. Specifically, they had trouble with ispinox' animations-menu (less of an issue for you, since you don't really chop up your animations into several parts that are triggered via menu).

Ispinox' compromomise is that the animation-progression menu is built with conventional VaM-builtin menu buttons (Buttons, triggers etc), and all the rest of the logic & clothing/character-adjustment menus is built with VaMstory.

Last edited:

Vamstory itself is really easy to use, and I haven't encountered bugs yet - I've already started porting the Witch-scene menu to Vamstory myself. If you'd like, I could build you a demo-version of the Witch scene?

The biggest (somewhat hidden) benefit IMO is that the "logic" is contained in one central atom, rather than distributed over dozens of atoms within the scene. This means, firstly, less atoms in the scene - performance advantage - and secondly, less opportunities for triggerbreaks due to mismatched atom's UID or receiver UIDs. Means the scene is far easier for you to modfiy. It's the equivalent of "modularity" in design, or "object-oriented programming languages".

Vamstory itself is really easy to use, and I haven't encountered bugs yet - I've already started porting the Witch-scene menu to Vamstory myself. If you'd like, I could build you a demo-version of the Witch scene?

The biggest (somewhat hidden) benefit IMO is that the "logic" is contained in one central atom, rather than distributed over dozens of atoms within the scene. This means, firstly, less atoms in the scene - performance advantage - and secondly, less opportunities for triggerbreaks due to mismatched atom's UID or receiver UIDs. Means the scene is far easier for you to modfiy. It's the equivalent of "modularity" in design, or "object-oriented programming languages".
Oh yea, I forgot about it requiring an updated VaM. That was probably a huge deterrent for me. I didn't even start building scenes using 1.22 until June, because it was going to disrupt my workflow too much. I do have some patrons who are still on version 1.20, but I have encouraged them to update. 1.21 was kind of a bug-filled disaster that discouraged a lot of people (myself included), but 1.22 is very stable and has wonderful new features.
You don't need to port anything over for me, I'll mess around with it. If I like it better, I might end up using it. But I can also see myself sticking with the native buttons. I'll decide this week.

After screwing around with VamStory for a bit, I think I've come to a conclusion. I think I'm going to end up including two UI options for players. One that uses regular buttons, like I have been doing, and an optional UI with VamStory. I think both have advantages. I don't know if I'll be implementing this immediately, but that is going to be my plan in the future. I appreciate the input! :)

I am finding some major limitations when it comes to transferring my UI elements to VamStory, specifically:
1. No method to create sub-menus
2. No custom button size
3. No triggers to reference and change button states inside of VamStory (such as Restart setting Pause to false)
4. No ability to group buttons to be hidden or removed from the UI when not applicable/necessary

This makes many of my UI functions unobtainable with VamStory. I wanted to make it so that the player could choose either one or the other, according to their preference, but it looks like the main UI is still needed to perform all in-scene functions. My approach is going to be to create a VamStory UI that has limited functionality, with the most important elements.
Btw, do you prefer that the VamStory UI be parented to the camera view? I'm going to test that in VR and see how well it works.

Last edited:
I am finding some major limitations when it comes to transferring my UI elements to VamStory, specifically:
1. No method to create sub-menus
2. No custom button size
3. No triggers to reference and change button states inside of VamStory (such as Restart setting Pause to false)
4. No ability to group buttons to be hidden or removed from the UI when not applicable/necessary

This makes many of my UI functions unobtainable with VamStory. I wanted to make it so that the player could choose either one or the other, according to their preference, but it looks like the main UI is still needed to perform all in-scene functions. My approach is going to be to create a VamStory UI that has limited functionality, with the most important elements.
Btw, do you prefer that the VamStory UI be parented to the camera view? I'm going to test that in VR and see how well it works.

Sorry for vague answers - I currently have no access to VaM. Take answers with grain of salt, I may be misremembering smth I saw a while ago in hazmhox', demos for the three plugins:

1. Iiirc, there is kind of a method for submenus - even a quite elegant one. IIRC, it uses the director plugin together with the action plugin. Explained somewhere in the director plugin demos, I think. Sorry have to go look it up.
2. Ummmh? Not sure I understand what specifically you mean by that - iirc, there's a quite extensive menu in the Action plugin to customize the look of buttons? Only thing I found tedious is that button size kind of implicitly determines the menu layout.
3. Aren't the Gateway states in the director plugin acessible from outside?
4. I think this is very much possible by using a director plugin to control several action plugins? Pretty sure there's an example of that somewhere in the demos?

As always - decision is yours. I'll support you no matter how you decide to proceed.

Sorry for vague answers - I currently have no access to VaM. Take answers with grain of salt, I may be misremembering smth I saw a while ago in hazmhox', demos for the three plugins:

1. Iiirc, there is kind of a method for submenus - even a quite elegant one. IIRC, it uses the director plugin together with the action plugin. Explained somewhere in the director plugin demos, I think. Sorry have to go look it up.
2. Ummmh? Not sure I understand what specifically you mean by that - iirc, there's a quite extensive menu in the Action plugin to customize the look of buttons? Only thing I found tedious is that button size kind of implicitly determines the menu layout.
3. Aren't the Gateway states in the director plugin acessible from outside?
4. I think this is very much possible by using a director plugin to control several action plugins? Pretty sure there's an example of that somewhere in the demos?

As always - decision is yours. I'll support you no matter how you decide to proceed.
Oh, I had no idea there were additional options through the director plugin. I thought all the UI options were in actions. I guess I'll have to explore some more!
What I meant by "No custom button size" is that you cannot make an individual button a custom size. All of them have to be the same size. Maybe that's something I am missing in director? I guess I need some more time to learn this plugin.

Oh, I had no idea there were additional options through the director plugin. I thought all the UI options were in actions. I guess I'll have to explore some more!

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can built submenus - even self-hiding submenues - by having the director and the action plugin work together. I definitely saw that in one of hazmhox' demos. I think there's even some saved templates/examples that come with the demos (iirc, you can load those templates via the "restore" functionality of the plugin?)

Sorry I can't be more specific atm. I'll look the examples up as soon as I have time for Vam again.

P.S.: Note that there is no specific button/functionality called "submenu" within the director plugin. You get submenus by having the directory plugin steer (several) action plugin(s). An example is demonstrated in hazmhox demo scenes.

What I meant by "No custom button size" is that you cannot make an individual button a custom size. All of them have to be the same size. Maybe that's something I am missing in director?
Oh! Yes, unfortunately, you can't change button size for individual buttons within one and the same menu, that's true.

If you want to have different-sized buttons simultaneously, you have to add another instance of the action plugin. If you want different-sized buttons, but not simultaneously, you can work via loading another template/savepoint, iiirc (the backup-functionality of the plugin).

I guess I need some more time to learn this plugin.

Yes, director very much extends the possibilities of the action plugin. It's not easy to see all the mechanics, however - it's definitely worthwhile to work through hazmhox' demo scenes.

Last edited: