Will my PC work?

asf

Reactions
Hi

I'm seeking some advice . I'm a newbie to this VR world . And tech! If I was to require a Meta Quest 2 headset , does anyone know if my wimpy laptop would be compatible with it?
I've heard some GFX cards are not. And is my PC powerful enough to run VAM, via cable/ airlink to headset.

It is a Asus Laptop UX363EA ZenBook Flip, 11th Gen intel i7-1165G7, Graphics card - Iris (R) Xe, 16GB. Windows 11.

Thanks in advance!

If the laptop is using shared memory for the CPU and GPU, that is a big limitation. 16GB is barely enough in general, but with shared memory, definitely wimpy. There are two big problems with laptops for this app. One is that laptops are not upgradable, or they are limited in what you can do. Second is the heat. Maxing out a laptop for hours is not a good idea because of the heat generated in such a small space.

Will it work? Yes
Will you have to dial down the graphics and lots of stuff? Absolutely, but still it works.

What GFX cards don't work?

Last edited:
You may want to try VaM in Desktop mode before buying a VR headset. Teaser-Tier (which is 2€ or $ plus VAT) should be enough for a quick spin to see how the performance holds up. Note that VR performance is significantly slower due to the higher resolution and two images needed, though.

If you want to make your own stuff, you want Creator tier. But if you decide to upgrade in the same month (when using Patreon) you only pay the difference. In both cases you can cancel after one month, you only need to stay subscribed if you want access to major updates of VaM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom