Which VAM path is right? - Custom/Clothing and Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing

Fantano

Reactions
1685294283919.png

Yeah, I know it's kinda sounds noob, but i'm little confused. Because some downloaded mods has different clothing and hair paths which are different from what I know.
Which is the right, absolute path for clothing and hair, right bottom of the custom folder, or person folder?

Which is the right, absolute path for clothing and hair, right bottom of the custom folder, or person folder?
Technically both paths are correct, but for different use case. ;)

...Custom/Clothing is default location for clothing items, individual presets for said items are also saved inside (Preset / Custom tab).
(same with Custom/Hair)

...Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing is default path for clothing presets (presets from Clothing presets tab, applies to all equiped items).
(same with Custom/Atom/Person/Hair)

One benefit of using Atom/Person/Clothing (or Atom/Person/Hair) over Custom/Clothing (or Custom/Hair) presets is that you can easily merge load them.

Technically both paths are correct, but for different use case. ;)

...Custom/Clothing is default location for clothing items, individual presets for said items are also saved inside (Preset / Custom tab).
(same with Custom/Hair)

...Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing is default path for clothing presets (presets from Clothing presets tab, applies to all equiped items).
(same with Custom/Atom/Person/Hair)

One benefit of using Atom/Person/Clothing (or Atom/Person/Hair) over Custom/Clothing (or Custom/Hair) presets is that you can easily merge load them.
You know, I once moved outside clothing and hair folder inside atom/person because I thought it was stupid mistake...
...Am I screwed...?

I once moved outside clothing and hair folder inside atom/person because I thought it was stupid mistake...
...Am I screwed...?
If you had few local items (not var packaged), than you are probably missing them.
You should check for .vab/.vaj/.vam files inside atom/person (they don't belong there).

Clothes and hairstyles are not "atoms", there are no atom/clothing or atom/hair folders.
They need to be inside correct folder to load (atom/person is only for person atom related stuff).
Vanilla VaM client doesn't have any 'loose' local clothing files, but still there are 12 local hairstyles (for whatever reason).

Then I must check the log, one by one when I load presets... Moving folders without any knowledge was the dumbest choice what I did.
Thanks for the kind answer!

Back
Top Bottom