Where do we go?

Scenes Where do we go?

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
vamurai submitted a new resource:

Where do we go? - When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

View attachment 106226

Keeping with the theme of "easier" scenes, and continuing my break from the unfinished Halloween project, I present to you a three-minute scene starring Damarmau's incredible Leah.

View attachment 106227

There's not a lot new here. People who know my work will find a short, familiar riding scene set to some good music, as usual.

View attachment 106228

A huge thank you to SaiVam for...

Read more about this resource...

My suggestion would be to not pack stuff that is already available on hub as vars unless you are altering textures or clothing or assets. You basically double up on skin textures on someone's hard drive and for clothing you are adding an additional duplicate entry of the same item to someone's clothing list, which even if not mb intensive like textures can cause confusion for people creating scenes when they use the bundled version of the clothing (eyes as an example) which would then add all your var's dependencies to theirs instead of just referencing the base eye clothing. What seems like a convenience ends up not really being one. You can cut down on dependencies of dependencies by manually editing the meta.json for stuff that isn't actually needed if the list is too long, but given the complexity 30ish dependencies is pretty low these days.

My suggestion would be to not pack stuff that is already available on hub as vars unless you are altering textures or clothing or assets. You basically double up on skin textures on someone's hard drive and for clothing you are adding an additional duplicate entry of the same item to someone's clothing list, which even if not mb intensive like textures can cause confusion for people creating scenes when they use the bundled version of the clothing (eyes as an example) which would then add all your var's dependencies to theirs instead of just referencing the base eye clothing. What seems like a convenience ends up not really being one. You can cut down on dependencies of dependencies by manually editing the meta.json for stuff that isn't actually needed if the list is too long, but given the complexity 30ish dependencies is pretty low these days.
Yeah, I went back and forth on it. This scene was the most dependencies I'd ever had before, and none of them were the "dependencies because of dependencies" problem, since I'd cleaned those up as you describe. Most of those layered dependencies tend to come from looks that rely on hair, morphs, textures, etc. It's actually one of the things I attempt to clean up before I even start animating.

It's a good point though. I probably shouldn't be eating 300MB of someone's drive when 200 of that is stuff they already have. I may have to reconsider how I've packed this scene.

It's a brilliant scene though, the animation is great. One thing I would request though is a "pelvic slap" toggle for vammoan. I find it more realistic with it on, but if you manually turn it on, every time you reset the scene it turns off.
Agree about the var packaging mentioned above but regardless of that and the brief transition problem it's still a brilliant scene. Great work.

It's a brilliant scene though, the animation is great. One thing I would request though is a "pelvic slap" toggle for vammoan. I find it more realistic with it on, but if you manually turn it on, every time you reset the scene it turns off.
Agree about the var packaging mentioned above but regardless of that and the brief transition problem it's still a brilliant scene. Great work.
It disables it because I don't actually enable it until "after the switch." You'll hear it at the end when he's the one doing the pounding. I could probably see if there's a way to do both: enable it for those that would like it the whole time, but still have it audible at the very end.

I am modifying the package now to take out as many of the hub-hosted plugins as possible. I do have a lot of custom textures in there still, but it looks like I'll save 100MB in size, and get rid of the confusing duplicate items in clothing/textures/etc.

vamurai updated Where do we go? with a new update entry:

Dependencies, deshmendencies!

Damarmau brought up a great point about dependencies that I hadn't though of, specifically the duplication of morphs, clothing, textures and other assets that could be confusing if I include them all in the package itself. Never mind the larger file size and waste of space for hub-hosted assets you might already own!

In short, I chose the wrong path for "making it easier" by not having as many dependencies. It's easier to have more hub-hosted dependencies that everyone already has than to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Created an account just to say this is one of the best things ever, would you consider a paid extended version of the missionary part? Would love to support your stuff, I consider you as the same tier as alpacalaps who is absolutely top tier!

Created an account just to say this is one of the best things ever, would you consider a paid extended version of the missionary part? Would love to support your stuff, I consider you as the same tier as alpacalaps who is absolutely top tier!
You know, I keep hearing from people who enjoy my work that I should have a Patreon. I'm seriously considering it at this point, but I feel like I want my stuff to stay free. I've taken requests in the past to upgrade/update my scenes with features. Maybe that could be a patron perk?

I don't know, I'll kick the idea around for sure. At a minimum, I would be willing to look into building an extended version of the missionary part for free, because you requested it. :)

For your quality of work I'm sure there'd be many takers for extended scenes, even if you want the originals to be free as passion projects

And wow, how nice of you!! even if you don't end up doing it, thanks for considering it hahaha

vamurai updated Where do we go? with a new update entry:

Updates to file size and dependencies.

As the title suggests, this update is to reduce the file size (it's now down to 100MB, down from the original which was almost three times that!) Taking Damarmau's suggestion, I've pulled even more hub-hosted resources out of this package, which should be the last optimization I'll do to this one. If you have older versions of this scene, I would recommend deleting them, as they're just wasting space and maybe clogging up your texture, morph, or clothing lists with duplicates that shouldn't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I play start the characters fall to the floor and start the sex scene in a strange way...is there a fix to that?

When I play start the characters fall to the floor and start the sex scene in a strange way...is there a fix to that?
People falling to the floor and start doing strange things. Isn't that how all sex works? ;)

I'm joking of course! I loaded up the scene and tried a variety of things. Disabling certain collision, disable entire atoms, I just can't reproduce what you're experiencing. Is there any way you could take a video clip or even some screenshots so I could see what's happening for you? Is this in VR or in desktop mode?

1.png
2.png

this is what happens after I press the green button to start. If I dont press the start, they stay in the correct position.

Noticed this erros after laoding the scene:

4.png

this is what happens after I press the green button to start. If I dont press the start, they stay in the correct position.

Hmm, that's a lot of missing package errors, but those aren't likely related to this scene, since most of those are not dependencies for it. (I do use AshAuryn's Expressions.) I do see that you're running v. 1.22.0.0, which I have not updated to yet. Let me see if updating helps me reproduce this.

Yep, that did it. I updated to 1.22.0.0 and it immediately did what you describe (I do not have a long string of missing packages though, you might want to look at that!

I see a few patch notes for the new release (1.22.0.1) and in particular: " Fixed issue with Timeline animation on some controls being out of place with the 1.22.0.0 release. 1.22.0.0 added a parent relative movement system that broke this. This new patch fixes the Timeline issue and also supports the new parent relative movement system."

I am going to update and see if this fixes the problem, though it doesn't seem exactly like this is the issue we're seeing.

UPDATE: Updating to 1.22.0.1 immediately fixed the issue. Update your version of VaM and this will hopefully sort it out!

Yep, that did it. I updated to 1.22.0.0 and it immediately did what you describe (I do not have a long string of missing packages though, you might want to look at that!

I see a few patch notes for the new release (1.22.0.1) and in particular: " Fixed issue with Timeline animation on some controls being out of place with the 1.22.0.0 release. 1.22.0.0 added a parent relative movement system that broke this. This new patch fixes the Timeline issue and also supports the new parent relative movement system."

I am going to update and see if this fixes the problem, though it doesn't seem exactly like this is the issue we're seeing.

UPDATE: Updating to 1.22.0.1 immediately fixed the issue. Update your version of VaM and this will hopefully sort it out!

youre right!The updated fixed it. Thanks for the effort.

Back
Top Bottom