What are your top underappreciated hidden gems?

EthicalZamora

Reactions
I've browsed through so many dozens of pages of the hottest resources on the Hub and found so much gold. But sometimes I'll come upon something accidentally while searching that really blows my mind, and sometimes even me.

What are your favorites that don't have many downloads, or maybe older resources that have fallen off the radar?

I get a lot of use out of the dub.force plugin by @dub . You can make a person's head thrash about during climax.
The Valentina look by @Madry doesn't have many downloads, but she's a gem of a ginger.

hi, I believe that nothing falls under the radar...but certain creations, although time-consuming, are made with the awareness that they will only have "little success"...and that's not a stress...I hope that no one is afraid to publish their work for fear of getting little support...

I've browsed through so many dozens of pages of the hottest resources on the Hub and found so much gold. But sometimes I'll come upon something accidentally while searching that really blows my mind, and sometimes even me.

What are your favorites that don't have many downloads, or maybe older resources that have fallen off the radar?
Looks from Dnaddr and VAMSolerrain

I know some brilliant creators that don't get the attention they deserve
but create some of the most amazing looks and scenes imaginable..

When it comes to Looks, specifically (and more precisely, Looks related mostly to video gaming / very stylized types of characters) I believe that VGC / Neci is among the Top of the list here. The attention to detail, and how much he's simply pushing for the best that VAM actually allows is inspiring. As I said, he's mostly focusing on video gaming-related characters, so in that regard, in that field yes I'd say he's a gem and not enough people talk about his ports or mention him in posts. So I'll take the time here to do so.

And there's a bit of bias I suppose, because it was thanks to him that I actually discovered what VAM even was to start with. I was doing some Google Images search on MK9 characters and found pictures of what I could best describe as "what if MK9 characters retained their in-game look and style, yet looked somewhat more real", and I knew it was another software outside of the game; I just didn't know (yet) that it was a port for Virt-A-Mate. It only took some clicks to end up on his Patreon page and then here on the Resources Hub... and the rest is history. It's been about a year and a half now and despite me going through literal hundred+ Looks from dozens of artists I still think he's probably Top 3 (in the field of gaming characters) for the whole Hub.

So there you have it, me gushing about his work quality (he's very busy right now though, please don't flood him with Commission requests lol, although I do think he closed Commissions for the time being until later this year).

Now, with this said, moving on to another 'field' of Looks: "Lookalike" characters (from Movies and/or TV shows, etc).

I know some might disagree, but VecTerror is simply the best (overall) in this category of Looks.

I'm not saying 100% of what he's done is impeccable. BUT, most of his works are very good to me. I did try various ports of 'lookalikes' and with a few select others here and there I always have to go back to VecTerror. I don't know what's the entire procedure to do what he's doing (face scans and so on, dunno) but it's magical especially in motion in VAM (it's one thing to look at preview pictures, it's another thing to have X, Y and Z actress pretty much literally existing in a VAM scene and your brain almost forgetting "it's not really her").

So yeah, those two are my picks: VGC Neci, and Vecterror (for their respective character styles category).

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cue.13003/ forr me still the best of the best resource to get an "intelligent" natural sex simulation in practically all vam scenes, easy, with a lot of optional presets and (most important) very compatible with other plugins presets, timeline included (eventually with some minimal changes on main speed and/or on animated targets list).

Honestly.... I'd recommend searching for content outside of VAM. I've recently discovered there's a good amount content out there that is quite good (mostly looks) that's been removed from VAM after the creator got banned. The vast majority of this content isn't morally/ethically bad stuff (like you might expect as from a banned creator)... so idk. It's a shame because some of the creators are clearly skilled, and, to be blunt, most content creators aren't super skilled, artistically (there are definitely a good number, but they are still a minority). Sorry, I don't want to piss anyone off so I won't point you to where to look for this stuff :(

Back
Top Bottom