WearableCUA

Plugins WearableCUA

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

WearableCUA - Parents CUAs to person bones

Yet another plugin for attaching CUAs to people.

Similar in spirit to @zgock 's CUAAutoFollow, but a lot less ambitious and a little simpler. That one allows following morphs and controllable offsets.

I know it overlaps with several other plugins as well, but it's part of a larger effort to allow packaging CUAs into clothing and I needed something specific.

Usage
  1. ...

Read more about this resource...

Well, I tried both CUA Auto-Follow and this, and this one actually works. For whatever reason CUA Auto-follow doesn't work for me(the target list doesn't populate)

In action this plugin tracks her arm movements thrusting and parrying flawlessly even at high speeds. Really cool for medieval swords or sabers. Just be sure to set the atom to position on not position parent link like I originally tried.
1692481789018.png

Is there a way to adjust the speed at which is adjusts the CUA? I tried to use a BVH of a sword swinging motion and at full speed it just looks like he's swinging the blade without it following his wrist motion, but if I walk it frame by frame, or just play a few frames, it looks fine.

Is there a way to adjust the speed at which is adjusts the CUA? I tried to use a BVH of a sword swinging motion and at full speed it just looks like he's swinging the blade without it following his wrist motion, but if I walk it frame by frame, or just play a few frames, it looks fine.

It should be as attached as anything can be in unity... Do you have a vid?

Details: This is a mixamo animation converted through blender to BVH using this tutorial. The hands don't match up perfectly, but I put the hilt in his hand using morphs (I didn't realize when I made the video that VAM decided to open his hands so the blade is floating slightly in front of his palm). Sword comes from goblin weapons here.

Details: This is a mixamo animation converted through blender to BVH using this tutorial. The hands don't match up perfectly, but I put the hilt in his hand using morphs (I didn't realize when I made the video that VAM decided to open his hands so the blade is floating slightly in front of his palm). Sword comes from goblin weapons here.

View attachment 282165

It's a little hard to tell what's going on there, but it might be also just be vam's physics. Have you tried tightening up the controller link for the arm?

Back
Top Bottom