[VR] 60 fps lock and red square in performence monitor

vamnewbiexx

Reactions
Hi.

I tried googling but didn't find anything to help me.

I have RTX 4070Ti and I don't know why my FPS sometimes are capped to 60. I switched MSAA from 8x to 4x and suddenly it went from 60 to over 140... but still with same settings sometimes it was uncapped and I had like 140fps, and without moving at all suddenly (lets say after 5 seconds) it's capped again to 60 and red square shows up next to fps in performence monitor.

What I found weird was that I had my fps capped to 60 with physics rate of 45, but increasing it to 80hz suddenly uncapped my fps to 140...

Lowering all the settings to minimum and still sometimes they are capped, sometimes now. Anyone knows what this red square means?

after some time experimenting it feels like it has something to do with physics refresh rate. Without touching characters i have 120-140fps, but when I start touching them the red square shows up and fps is locked to 60. Maybe it's because I have physics rate set to 60?

I hope someone could tell me if that's correct. When physics occur in scene the fps is locked to physics refresh rate? I thought I can have more fps just physics are refreshed at lower rate.

Set this option to disabled EVERY TIME YOU CONNECT THE QUEST 2 TO THE PC:

1684913136027.png

This is the Oculus Debug Tool that is installed when you install the Oculus Software.
You can find it in "..\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe"

Tip: Create a shortcut to the desktop. So that you remember to disable that option everytime.

Back
Top Bottom