Question Voice recognition question answer

ctl

Reactions
Hi,

Is it possible to make a girl respond to voice commands? Like, I would ask her name and she would tell me here name....

No AI just simple question answer response. Would that be very complicated to do?

I am doubting about buying VAM but would like to know if that would be easy or hard to do....

Greetings

:unsure:

Upvote 0

This uses Windows 10 speech recognition, which makes it somewhat complicated to setup. E.g. to run the demo you need en-US speech packs installed and active in Windows....yeah, really US-English....UK-English doesn't work ;) However, for your own scene you can use any language Windows supports for speech recognition. You can either define words or short sentences directly using the "keyword" thing, or use XML files to define whole language grammars like the demo does.

Also the demo depends on an old version of LogicBricks....which accidentally was never properly released as "free". Haven't gotten around to fix the demo, yet....meanwhile you can LogicBricks.8 here: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/speechrecognition.8066/#post-81134

Example scene:

Upvote 0
Somewhat outside of what you asked....but possibly relevant.....Multiple-Choice dialog is also possible. I think most VaM users would call this "advanced stuff", though.....VaM has a rather steep learning curve. Maybe this shouldn't be the first thing you try to build.

Anyway, this example is using speech bubbles and buttons, but you could as well record audio for the girl (by paying an actor or using some AI website) and setup speech recognition instead of using the buttons. Note though that other players won't know WHAT to say if your scene only understands very specific sentences...so you likely still need something like those buttons that tell the player of your scene what options are available.

Here is the dialog layout:
44128-2b152e77423188003d7be241bd3b6f11.data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom