Question Video editor

Furbots

Reactions
Hey all,

So I'm kinda new in this. I downloaded OBS studio to record some of my scenes. But do I need another video editor to paste them all together with some fade effects?

While OBS is fantastic for capturing video, it doesn't offer comprehensive editing features you might be looking for, such as adding fade effects, transitions, or piecing multiple clips together.
For those tasks, you'll likely benefit from a dedicated video editor. Since you're just starting out, you might want to try a user-friendly option like Movavi Mac Video Editor. This software offers a variety of features that are easy to get the hang of, yet powerful enough to create professional-looking edits. You'll find plenty of transitions, including the fade effects you mentioned, and you can easily compile different scenes into a seamless video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While OBS is fantastic for capturing video, it doesn't offer comprehensive editing features you might be looking for, such as adding fade effects, transitions, or piecing multiple clips together.
For those tasks, you'll likely benefit from a dedicated video editor. Since you're just starting out, you might want to try a user-friendly option like Movavi Mac Video Editor. This software offers a variety of features that are easy to get the hang of, yet powerful enough to create professional-looking edits. You'll find plenty of transitions, including the fade effects you mentioned, and you can easily compile different scenes into a seamless video.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Also would recommend the free version of Davinci Resolve. Not sure I would use it for professional use, it crashes occasionally, but for hobbists its definitly decent. You got all the things you need for frame precise cutting, assembling multiple clips, various effects from blends to adding text overlays, etc. Also audio filters including a compressor, which is essential, if you record voice audio and want to main a stable volume (as you should).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom