Scenes VEGA: Part 3 - A VR Experience

Dragontales

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
DragoninkV
so for me the floor and walls are missing in apartment and vegas cloths as well

Last edited:
I'll be honest...I"m not really sure what's happening for you. The other thing you might want to look into is if you're allowing the plugins to work. There's settings inside VAM for that. Though I doubt that's the issue.

so for me the floor and walls are missing in apartment and vegas cloths as well

Shadow its not your fault, your resources are fine, its the scene, there's several complications that were only in Part 3 , Here's what to do:

For Apartment Not Showing Properly

- Enter Edit Mode (Press E) then Click the Arrow button and select "Show Hidden"
- Select "CUA_APARTMENT" and Click "Assets"
- It will be on the first option, Select "None" then reselect the first option, "blahblah/hzm_thehideout_enviro.prefab"
(This will make a bunch of ships and extra rain appear, but they will enter the apartment and ruin the scene)
- Click "Plugins" and Reload Plugin#0 , All the ships and globe and extra rain disappear, leaving the room intact

For the outfit:

I think the outfit is supposed to be plain and white, going by the image in the preview and story context , just make sure your Shader Quality setting is on "High" , otherwise the bump mapping for the outfit ripples wont appear and it will look horrible. With the right shader settings it should look like this:
1726816360458.png

- Click the three lines to enter options, and click "User Preferences" , under "Shader Quality" , select "High"

For anyone with issues with the story dialogue not showing:

- Enter Edit Mode (Press E) then Click the Arrow button and select "Show Hidden"
- Select "__VAMSTORY" and uncheck Plugin#2 and Plugin#3 , then Click "Open Custom UI" on plugin #4, and click Play All (> ALL) ,
This will stop the text from moving around and return it where it should be inside the apartment, I think this only happens if your version of the plugins are too high or not the same as in the scene.

Shadow its not your fault, your resources are fine, its the scene, there's several complications that were only in Part 3 , Here's what to do:

For Apartment Not Showing Properly

- Select "CUA_APARTMENT" and Click "Assets"
- It will be on the first option, Select "None" then reselect the first option, "blahblah/hzm_thehideout_enviro.prefab"
(This will make a bunch of ships and extra rain appear, but they will enter the apartment and ruin the scene)
- Click "Plugins" and Reload Plugin#0 , All the ships and globe and extra rain disappear, leaving the room intact

For the outfit:

I think the outfit is supposed to be plain and white, going by the image in the preview and story context , just make sure your Shader Quality setting is on "High" , otherwise the bump mapping for the outfit ripples wont appear and it will look horrible. With the right shader settings it should look like this:
View attachment 411391

- Click the three lines to enter options, and click "User Preferences" , under "Shader Quality" , select "High"

For anyone with issues with the story dialogue not showing:

- Select "__VAMSTORY" and uncheck Plugin#2 and Plugin#3 , then Click "Open Custom UI" on plugin #4, and click Play All (> ALL) ,
This will stop the text from moving around and return it where it should be inside the apartment, I think this only happens if your version of the plugins are too high or not the same as in the scene.
I'll look into the first and third issues. For the third, I was pretty sure my plugins were up to date, but I know the atom mover has constantly been updated and I was worried it might affect the scene. I'll see what's going on with that one. For the first issue, what isn't set up properly? Is it a plugin issue as well? I do have a plugin used on it that hides certain parts of the model. Maybe it's not working properly for some?

I guess on my end, VAM was using the older version of Atom Mover. The new versions look like they've broken the scenes a bit. I'm going to work on fixing that. Trying to find a more elegant solution but so far hitting a wall. As far as the walls, I'm still confused about why that issue is happening as it's not happening on my end.

Dragontales updated VEGA: Part 3 - A VR Experience with a new update entry:

Updated with a few different plugins to replace ones that were causing issues.

A few people reported having issues with certain aspects that were introduced in Part 3. I've traced them to a couple plugins that were causing the issues. I've attempted to remedy this by replacing the problematic plugins with different ones.

IMPORTANT - YOU MUST DOWNOAD AND INSTALL THESE NEW PLUGINS FOR PARTS OF THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY!!!
- https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/colorscale.416/

Read the rest of this update entry...

yea everything in vam hub says in library
Can you download and check how the newly updated version works for you? Please note that I've replaced a couple plugins so you'll need to ensure you have the three new ones. They should be listed in dependencies as well as the update note.

Back
Top Bottom