Var files

Produce361

Reactions
I joined last month and with the help of members on here I've been able to use most of the basic functions. Thank you . Is it possible to put var files into a created folder for each scene? Beforehand I would just save all my var files to add on packages . The only problem I found was that I didn't know how to delete a scene that I didn't want without deleting the wrong dependencies. Any suggestions?

A VAR in AdddonsPackages in that root folder or in a subfolder is the same in funtional terms for VAM.
You can move them to subfolders for a file manager perspective outside of VAM, I have it like that for types - Looks, Plugins, Scenes, etc - but this will not be reflected in VAM, apart when choosing a filtered view.
If your goal is to have a folder for a scene plus its dependencies, keep in mind that many dependencies are shared by many scenes, and you probably don't want 20 copies of the same Timeline VAR because it's called by 20 scenes. VAM would ignore the repeated packages because VAM doesn't care for folders, but you'd be wasting a lot of space needlessly.

Related thread:

A VAR in AdddonsPackages in that root folder or in a subfolder is the same in funtional terms for VAM.
You can move them to subfolders for a file manager perspective outside of VAM, I have it like that for types - Looks, Plugins, Scenes, etc - but this will not be reflected in VAM, apart when choosing a filtered view.
If your goal is to have a folder for a scene plus its dependencies, keep in mind that many dependencies are shared by many scenes, and you probably don't want 20 copies of the same Timeline VAR because it's called by 20 scenes. VAM would ignore the repeated packages because VAM doesn't care for folders, but you'd be wasting a lot of space needlessly.

Related thread:
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom