VaM_Stream 2022_01_24 Gato of C&G-STUDIO

Guides VaM_Stream 2022_01_24 Gato of C&G-STUDIO

VaMDeV

Staff member
Developer
Reactions
VaMDeV submitted a new resource:

VaM_Stream 2022_01_24 Gato of C&G-STUDIO - Gato and Chrizzy of C&G-STUDIO talk about motion capture and joint settings.

View attachment 93489

Gato of C&G-STUDIO kicks off our very first VaM_Stream discussing prepping for Motion Capture in and outside of VaM. Chrizzy joins in speaking about her experience as a motion capture model. He concludes the stream demonstrating the differences joint settings can make on the VaM models motion when animating simple joint movements.

Read more about this resource...

The model Gato uses in this stream can be downloaded from the hub.

The final motion capture scene can be found here:

@VRMatrix

"Haha du bist ja Deutscher ist ja nice! Hast du VAm entwickelt? Wann kommt die Beta Version raus? Lg"

Translation:

"Haha you are german, nice! Did you develop VaM? When dooes the Beta come out? Regards"

Hey VRMatrix

You would be astonished about how many germans are actually around :p No, we did not participate in any development of Virt-A-Mate and with that said also can't give any information about it's release dates. We just use Virt-A-Mate as a toolbox like many other creators do.

Gato

Hey @C&G-STUDIO loved the stream. You mentioned that you had trouble to make two recordings and combine them. For instance a scene where the users selects either "come here" or "go to the wall" and then the next bit of animation plays.

I was thinking, this can be done in AcidBubbles TimeLine, quite easily I think. You can make a recording of the starting session, and then import the keyframes into TimeLine. That way you will have the whole animation available in TimeLine. Then you could basically delete the recording in the Vam TimeLine and make a new recording for choice A. Import that in AcidBubbles. Delete Vam Timeline. Record choice B in Vam TimeLine and import that into Acid Bubbles. In Acid Bubbles Timeline you would have the three animations and the user would first see animation 1, press a UI button to either play the 2A or 2B animation of the Acid Bubbles Timeline.

The only thing I'm not sure about is, if the recorded animation starts at the same place. But even then, Acid Bubbles allows to offset the whole animation to a different location if needed.

Hey @C&G-STUDIO loved the stream. You mentioned that you had trouble to make two recordings and combine them. For instance a scene where the users selects either "come here" or "go to the wall" and then the next bit of animation plays.

I was thinking, this can be done in AcidBubbles TimeLine, quite easily I think. You can make a recording of the starting session, and then import the keyframes into TimeLine. That way you will have the whole animation available in TimeLine. Then you could basically delete the recording in the Vam TimeLine and make a new recording for choice A. Import that in AcidBubbles. Delete Vam Timeline. Record choice B in Vam TimeLine and import that into Acid Bubbles. In Acid Bubbles Timeline you would have the three animations and the user would first see animation 1, press a UI button to either play the 2A or 2B animation of the Acid Bubbles Timeline.

The only thing I'm not sure about is, if the recorded animation starts at the same place. But even then, Acid Bubbles allows to offset the whole animation to a different location if needed.

Hi there. Yes, you're right. I dunno anymore if in the stream it sounded like it wouldn't be possible. What I meant was that it's not possible using the in built animation recording as I was answering a question came up in the stream chat. But even that is not 100% true since you could start the record at a desired timestep. But you would need to fit the character again in the pose the character is in the specific timestep which would be really complicated as well as the fact once you record you would need to move exactly when you start the record unless you want to have stoppings/bloppers.

Anyway Acid Bubbles timeline allows multiple layers and MoCap data import so yeah although we haven't played around with layerd MoCap this is something we're working on this month in the hope to present something cool. I am excited to get my hands on it! The most important part would be not only the MoCap import which seems to be done really easy but also to have a smooth transition between them.

This stuff is awesome!!! Ive been playing around with VAM since the begining and i've learned alot from these videos! haha..

Should of been doing these from the begining!

Great stuff..

Keep them coming!

Back
Top Bottom