Question vam update question about folders

qoosh

Reactions
I'm using vam 1.20.77.9 and I downloaded the update to vam 1.22 however, when I open 1.22 i am unable to access the scenes i created for 1.20. so i am using 1.20 with all my scenes and i haven't really used 1.22 much (i don't know if i'm missing a whole lot...)

i know the reason is because those scenes are in the folder for 1.20 but how do i use those scenes for 1.22? do i need to move all of my scenes and dependencies from the 1.20 folder to the new 1.22 folder, or is there a quick way to 'link' the 1.22 executable file to use the 1.20 folder dependencies without having to move all of my files to the new folder? because i do have quite a lot of files. and i'm not sure how to manage these different vam folders i have here.

It's written in the update post for 1.21 and has been asked and answered several times here and in Discord. A major version update, 1.20 to 1.21, requires a new key. Without it you're on the Free tier.
A exception was made to this new major version, 1.22, the key for 1.21 works for 1.22.

Upvote 0
yeah, i know about the key, and i have it. i can run both versions just fine. i just was wondering if there was a faster way of getting my files synced with the new version, other than moving all of my dependencies into the 1.22 folder from the 1.20 folder.

Upvote 0
Ok, the way you said it I understood differently because people have been saying their key problem in a similar way.

Well, if you don't need a dedicated 1.20 folder, then just update that one to 1.22 and all your stuff is there.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom