Question Vam clean install

sparkingmeteor

Reactions
Hi everyone, sorry for my poor english
I need to do a Vam clean install after i reached 300gb + and the game is very slow and heavy. I actually use vam only for Vamx, so everything else I've download don't needs anymore
The problem is to backup all my favourite looks, morphs, scenes and characters avoiding to re-download them. So i need some advice to easily backup that specific var and import in new clean install (it's pretty hard to find some looks that are multilocated in vam folder)
I tryed use var manager but I didn't understand much how to use it for my needs
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Backing up is really simple: copy your VaM folder and paste it somewhere.
That's it, there's no special configuration hidden somewhere, wherever you VAM folder is, everything is too.

As you see, because VAM exists within a self-centred folder, you can have more than one VAM in your PC, they don't affect one another. You can have a VAM strictly for vamX, another for non vamX stuff, whatever you want.
If you want to copy over some things to another, then you need to know what VARs they come in and copy to the other VAM folder. Usually that's the difficult part, knowing what is what, but if you do then copying over is just like that, copy-paste.

Upvote 0
Creating a clean install with all favourite looks, clothes and environments is a really time consuming process. I am doing it myself rn after i reached the 1tb mark it was simply too slow to use it. Currently i used the export Plugin that exports all dependencies of the things you want to export. Then i import them into a clean vam install, unpack the vars, sort out everything that is not needed create single morphs for every character with the morph merge and split Plugin and then repack it into one single var. Every texture and stuff will all be compressed into one single var so i won't have to search for hours in the future. I guess when i am done i will have it down to less then 1/10th of it's current size.

The looks and environments are pretty fast to do but exporting the most used clothes takes like forever, i hate it xD

Upvote 0
Backing up is really simple: copy your VaM folder and paste it somewhere.
That's it, there's no special configuration hidden somewhere, wherever you VAM folder is, everything is too.

As you see, because VAM exists within a self-centred folder, you can have more than one VAM in your PC, they don't affect one another. You can have a VAM strictly for vamX, another for non vamX stuff, whatever you want.
If you want to copy over some things to another, then you need to know what VARs they come in and copy to the other VAM folder. Usually that's the difficult part, knowing what is what, but if you do then copying over is just like that, copy-paste.
YEAH THEY DO EFFECT EACH OTHER IVE DELETED AND REINSTALLED THE STAEM VERSION SO MANY TIMES BECAUSE I TRIED TO SET UP THE MEGA SYNC FOLDERS TYPE OF DOWNLOAD AND IVE OVERLOADED MY FOLDERS WHERE THEY ASKING FOR MONEY FOR MORE STORAGE BUT WHAT EVER I DID HAS THREE DRAFTED SCENES AND DEFAULT SCENE AND WNT RELOAD THE VAMX DEFAULT VERSION LIKE MY ADDON PKGS FOLDER WAS WIPED ..EFFIN VIRT-A-MATE ADDICTION IS STRESS
FULSOME EXPERT HELP BEFORE I BREAK THIS 16GB RTX3050TI IN THE FUCKING TRASH AND GO PLAY PS5 AND CRY LIKE A LIKKLE BISH LOL #TEAMVAM2X

Upvote 0
YEAH THEY DO EFFECT EACH OTHER IVE DELETED AND REINSTALLED THE STAEM VERSION SO MANY TIMES BECAUSE I TRIED TO SET UP THE MEGA SYNC FOLDERS TYPE OF DOWNLOAD AND IVE OVERLOADED MY FOLDERS WHERE THEY ASKING FOR MONEY FOR MORE STORAGE BUT WHAT EVER I DID HAS THREE DRAFTED SCENES AND DEFAULT SCENE AND WNT RELOAD THE VAMX DEFAULT VERSION LIKE MY ADDON PKGS FOLDER WAS WIPED ..EFFIN VIRT-A-MATE ADDICTION IS STRESS
FULSOME EXPERT HELP BEFORE I BREAK THIS 16GB RTX3050TI IN THE FUCKING TRASH AND GO PLAY PS5 AND CRY LIKE A LIKKLE BISH LOL #TEAMVAM2X
Megasync limits are easy to over cum if you have vpn like Nord or something, just switch locations, and you have a new IP and the 5GB starts over. That's what i do.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom