VaM 2.0 - Focus on Character Animation/ Autonomy

fubar_life123

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
fubarLife123
I think in it's present form physics, texturing, lighting is pretty impressive (with some minor changes ). What is really lacking in my opinion and would open up a lot of possibilities is focusing on character animation functionality and subsequently autonomy. Creating a framework comprised of prefabbed MOCAP, pose morphs and audio that is designed to be used out of the box sparing the layperson from having to deal directly with the technical minutiae of animation and focus more on story creation. Of course it would be great to have opportunities to create custom content, but a great deal can be standardized and automated (pose moprhs and audio for example). It looks like MeshedVR (and team) have already taken a step in that direction with the update to the "Person Built-In Animation." One can create walking animations that run smoothly in perpetuity. Something I was struggling to do for a while! My idea was to single shot trigger the COMBINATION of MOCAP, emotion pose morphs and audio in some yet to be conceived framework to facilitate the creation of skits/ stories as well as a precursor to BEHAVIORAL AUTONOMY, like startle responses and other "autonomic" behaviors for example! If it can be automated without too much difficulty, it should be!

I want to support this suggestion. I really love VaM being a sandbox tool and I love the freedom to create whatever comes to my mind. But there are different interests people have when using VaM. My interest is to create looks for hours and hours. Other like to create complicated scenes, or like to create great assets. Everybody is different. Together we can do a lot of things, but sometimes I just want to quickly awake my created girls to life and don't want to spend much time with creating animations or scenes full of triggers and logic bricks. In this situation we already have great tools like breathing-, kissing-, facial animation-, and other plugins, together with great free shared stuff like clothes, looks, scenes and environments. But IMHO there is still something missing.

I think the new animation tab is great. Before this, I was using the BVH plugin or some few animation points to make my girls dance a bit or shaking their butts, but to my surprise, this animation tab is much more fun to use. This new tab was nothing I have ever asked for, but with this I have easiely created two of the best scenes I ever made in a few minutes last week. Using this makes me wanting more... more animations (no high heels walking, for instance... more small "LEGO-bricks" to put together). If we had such a mentioned easy-to-use "framework" for other things, too, I am sure we could have really a lot (!) of fun. Lets be honest, after a while it sometimes starts to get a bit boring to only look at the girls being so lifeless... even with a whole bunch of different plugins, triggers and animations, and even with complicated scenes... Playing them 3 times in a row and the fun is gone. In my imagination, such a "framework" should be easy to use and/or to edit, to create/change scenes completely with only a few clicks!

The mentioned behavioral autonomity is the last and most desired goal for me... Some time ago I re-discovered some IMAGIN games for me: In "Ai Shoujo" and "Koikatsu", you can easiely (but with many options) create a girl (boy), dress them up, create a hair style, select an character type, voice, aso, ... and then they come alive in somewhat like a primitive open world (sex) game. It was surprisingly emotional to watch your own girls freely running around and talking to you... Though, it lasts as long as the story goes... after that, it lost a big part of its fascination. To combine something like those games with a mighty sandbox tool like VaM, seems the ultimative goal for me. But, of course, every little step in that direction would be highly welcome to me.

I would add "global" properties to a person object, for example "excitement". This way we could have one unique and standard number to link i.e. nipple and clitoris erection, blushing, speed of breathing etc.

Back
Top Bottom