Question Valve index - how to navigate with just one contoller

rabbit1qaz

Reactions
Hi is there a way to set VAM so in VR i can naviagate with just one hand. Now i have on rigtt contoler thumbstick tab view and moving up , down. and on left controler thumbstick moving front, back, left right. But its hard to move that way when you need left hand to operate "something else". So is there a waty to add whole movent on right thumb stick ? maybe with some other "shift" button like A o B or trigger halvepressed ?

Is there an other way to use VaM than with only one controller? Don't know, never did it ;-) .
I like to use the old Vive Wands for VaM, but it most likely will be the same with the knuckles controllers.
I never "move around" in a scene like backward/forward/left/right, or teleport ... but I move the scene instead. It is called "grab navigation" and it should be enabled by default. Press and hold one of your buttons (try it out, might be the lower end of the touchpad, as this is where it is on the wands) and move the controller to move the scene. It may be a bit odd first, but you will most likely getting used to it. I like it very much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom