Using Timeline plugin without ragdolling the people and breaking their poses?

xrad

Reactions
Hey, fellas.

The Timeline plugin is awesome, but I'm having a problem doing complex animations, because every time I rewind back, the people flop around like ragdolls and their arms and legs tangle up, at least if the first and last frame of the animation has them in different locations, at different heights, or heck, even something as animating a woman cross her legs breaks if you rewind from crossed to uncrossed, as you normally would while working on an animation.

Is there a way to disable the floppy ragdoll physics, and be able to skip animation frames without people flopping around in an attempt to smoothly transition between poses, which always breaks the original poses I wanted? It works for static objects - they just snap back between frames. Is it impossible for people and their limbs to behave the same way?

Maybe I'm missing something simple, because I'm new at this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You could save pose for each animation ("Use current pose / Overwrite pose" and enable "Apply pose on transition")
Switching from animation to animation will be instant :unsure:

You could save pose for each animation ("Use current pose / Overwrite pose" and enable "Apply pose on transition")
Switching from animation to animation will be instant :unsure:
Thanks for the reply! It's a good workaround, but still a hassle. I just remembered that locked joints snap instead of transitioning smoothly, I'll try that later - just set all joints as locked, see if that might be a good solution.

You can remove the poses when you're done with the scene to blend between animations, unless you plan on rewinding in a finished scene ;)

Back
Top Bottom