Updated via Vam_updater and now all my saved scenes won't show in scene menu

cyran lycan

Reactions
I run VaM on a flash drive. It's been working all fine though lately crashing.

So, I ran the updater and it updated successfully (to version 1.22.0.1). I launched VaM via the updater and clicked the attest thingy. Then the scene menu came up with the default scenes one gets with a new install. However, my old files are all still sitting in my addons and saved scenes folders. Do I need to set a path somewhere?

Also, after the update, when I look at the version date on the exe file of VaM in the folder I've been running it from, it doesn't show the update date. Can't find that it placed the update anywhere else.

Help!

☝☝ This...

Also exe modified/update dates are meaningless, most of the update is inside VaM_Data and version file.
You can have exe that dates back to 2019.

Just to mention this: If you decide not to buy the new version key, VaM Updater can also downgrade you back to an older version. Any new content you download will likely not work, but it's not like VaM holding your scenes hostage ;)

Just to mention this: If you decide not to buy the new version key, VaM Updater can also downgrade you back to an older version. Any new content you download will likely not work, but it's not like VaM holding your scenes hostage ;)
I was not aware it require another purchase to update and did so anyway, which is when I realized it wanted another key, I reverted back to the older version but it still wants me to enter a key. Where would I locate they key for the original purchase?

Are you sure you reverted back to the correct version you had before? There where two major releases recently: 1.21 and 1.22. You key might only be for 1.20?

Anyway, as Atani says, all the keys you ever entered are stored in a particular JSON file in the VaM folders. "keys.json" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom