Plugins UnityAssetVamifier 20.1

rernat

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
rernat
rernat submitted a new resource:

UnityAssetVamifier 20.1 - solved parenting issue

Updated Version of @NoStage3s script solving a problem with parenting CUAs.
I just edited as described by @hazmox https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/unityassetvamifier.571/post-7985
UnityAssetVamifier is a simple plugin to convert Materials used in Unity Asset Bundles (.assetbundle) from Unity default shaders (Roughness setup preferred) to the builtin VAM shader and expose the shader properties in the UI.

All the credits go to NoStage3

You may support NoStage3...

Read more about this resource...

rernat submitted a new resource:

UnityAssetVamifier 20.1 - solved parenting issue

Read more about this resource...
Thanks for the update. Does this apply to any component or is it specific to CUAs? The reParentObject is probably universal, right? Is it set even if the atom doesn't have a parent? Does it mean it's best practice to always use the reParentObject when calling GetComponentInChildren?
Cheesy and I walked into the same issue and "solved" it in a roundabout way by moving up the parent chain, which isn't the prettiest of solutions.

Thanks for the update. Does this apply to any component or is it specific to CUAs? The reParentObject is probably universal, right? Is it set even if the atom doesn't have a parent? Does it mean it's best practice to always use the reParentObject when calling GetComponentInChildren?
Cheesy and I walked into the same issue and "solved" it in a roundabout way by moving up the parent chain, which isn't the prettiest of solutions.
To be honest I don't know. :) Just had the problem with CUAs stored in Subscenes and found this explanation from hazmox. Let's find out.

Just stumbled upon your plugin and all i can say is WOW.
This is like Day and Night.
I loaded some Assets from unity to vam and thought... nah... doesn't really look good.
Then loaded this plugin and boom... just looks amazing.
So thanks alot for this.

The only thing i have is, it doesn's work on 2-sided shaders.
Is there a way i can fix that?