Question Undress Workflow

Tex

Reactions
Hello,

I'm looking for a procedure or workflow that will enable undressing.

For instance, I have a model that I'd like to have her shorts halfway down. On the item of clothing, I check the "undress" option and move the threshold slider but the shorts won't go down until the threshold is all the way at zero but then the shorts will completely fall off. Even at .001 the shorts won't slide down at all.

I tried adding a cloth grab sphere and then trying to "catch" the shorts before they fall completely off but I'm not having any luck with that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If you're in Desktop, you can use this plugin to interact with clothing and "pull" it down: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/desktopclothgrab.11043/

Maybe that'll help!

Yep, have that one and also use cloth grab sphere. I guess there's no way to really realistically undress a model. I see clothing on here that is specifically half down, like panties or a skirt that's pulled up. Too bad, undressing seems it should be an integral part of the VaM experience because no one goes from completely dressed to suddenly nude.

It's o.k. though, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Try playing with the Skin Joint Strength value first.

From my experimentation, Undress Threshold usually is very hit and miss and useful mostly to make it easier/harder to pull something off.
Skin Joint Strength instead has a much finer effect on how "sticky" the clothing is to the model's body, so you should be able to find a value that's low enough so the cloth will start sliding off without dropping all the way. This way you can often undress something without even checking the Undress option.

Other values that are worth playing with, together with Joint Strength, to achieve an undress effect are, in order of usefulness:
Weight = pretty self-explanatory, the higher the value the more the clothing will be affected by gravity
Friction = lower this when you want clothing to slip off the model without affecting its shape
Distance Scale = makes clothing look baggy or tight, useful for skirts and tops
Iterations = lower to make clothing looser, but at the cost of losing its shape
Stiffness = quite difficult to get right, I usually don't bother. Makes fabric more or less elastic (don't set it to 0 or fabric will turn liquid)

Every item of clothing will react slightly differently depending on how it was built by its creator so you'll have to try and see what works best for each. Presets are a huge time-saver for that.

Upvote 1
Try playing with the Skin Joint Strength value first.

From my experimentation, Undress Threshold usually is very hit and miss and useful mostly to make it easier/harder to pull something off.
Skin Joint Strength instead has a much finer effect on how "sticky" the clothing is to the model's body, so you should be able to find a value that's low enough so the cloth will start sliding off without dropping all the way. This way you can often undress something without even checking the Undress option.

Other values that are worth playing with, together with Joint Strength, to achieve an undress effect are, in order of usefulness:
Weight = pretty self-explanatory, the higher the value the more the clothing will be affected by gravity
Friction = lower this when you want clothing to slip off the model without affecting its shape
Distance Scale = makes clothing look baggy or tight, useful for skirts and tops
Iterations = lower to make clothing looser, but at the cost of losing its shape
Stiffness = quite difficult to get right, I usually don't bother. Makes fabric more or less elastic (don't set it to 0 or fabric will turn liquid)

Every item of clothing will react slightly differently depending on how it was built by its creator so you'll have to try and see what works best for each. Presets are a huge time-saver for that.

Thanks for explaining the details of those options. I often just randomly move the sliders hoping for something remotely resembling undressing with not much luck. I appreciate you sharing what works for you, that'll help me out a lot.

Upvote 0
ok so i have a dancing scene (not mine) that i try manually removing clothing items and am completely unsuccessful.
1706740303770.png

I've tried messing with every combination of things and the clothes don't seem to come off or even loosen up.
am i doing something wrong or could it be somethiing else?
1706740372528.png

Attachments

• 1706740321450.png
    1706740321450.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Clothes are not equal in how they're made. Some you need to add new sim textures to work as you want them (up to a point):

Upvote 0
Clothes are not equal in how they're made. Some you need to add new sim textures to work as you want them (up to a point):

super helpful, had no idea about sim textures and was able to fix some issues with the Vmax Sportwear set where the entire thing got loose when you hit undress. Clipping was horrible and the outfit was baggy in all the wrong spots.

I was able to make a sim texture that had R255 on the arms, legs, back and crotch to make that part remain skin tight it works!

Attachments

• 1706837704842.png
    1706837704842.png
    984.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1706837910289.png
    1706837910289.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom