Question UIButtons Keep resetting randomly

tom.ace1776

Reactions
I'm not sure why or what causes it but the settings in my UIButtons keep getting reset. This only happens for certain settings having to do with clothing. For example if I set a UI Button to trigger a specific clothing item to "allowDetach", I will open the scene one day and the setting where it usually says which clothing item will be set to "None", which makes the button not work as intended. This also happens with "alpha adujst" or "hideMaterial", etc. It always has to do with clothing. I could solve it by using clothing presets But I don't want to because it causes a loading screen and a bit of lag so I would rather use a button like "allowDetach", "alpha adjust", "HideMaterial" etc, so there is no loading involved. unfortunately these buttons keep getting reset randomly.... anyone know why this happens or how to avoid it?

Trigger receivers switch to None when the receiver is not present during scene load. It's almost certainly that the reason. This is the condition you need to have, for the clothing to be present at scene load as to not break your triggers.

You could for example load a clothing present during scene load to make sure it's there, or before you save the scene check load the clothes preset so thaat it's saved in the scene.

Upvote 0
Trigger receivers switch to None when the receiver is not present during scene load. It's almost certainly that the reason. This is the condition you need to have, for the clothing to be present at scene load as to not break your triggers.

You could for example load a clothing present during scene load to make sure it's there, or before you save the scene check load the clothes preset so thaat it's saved in the scene.
the problem is I have multiple outfit options and undress UI buttons that keep resetting and I want the scene to start nude. Is there a way to load the presets into the scene without actually applying them to the Atom?

Upvote 0
the problem is I have multiple outfit options and undress UI buttons that keep resetting and I want the scene to start nude
A trigger that calls for X, and X is not in the scene, will break (none). Simple as that.

Options you can try:
  • All outfits loaded but hidden
    alpha value -1 all the outfits to have them all there but hidden; don't use "hide material" as that will fuck up some clothes
  • Load button presets when you load a clothing outfit preset
    this way you can load suitable buttons when you load a specific outfit; make sure to first load the clothing preset you go back to the initial problem
  • Use a system like my quickdress guide
    this is complicated to understand, but it would give you endless options in clothes

Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom