UI impressions

serialdancing

Reactions
I tried vmate almost 2 years ago and the UI was atrocious. I tried it again today and it's still awful. Is there a UI mod or something to clean it up? Posing a character is a nightmare.

Hey, Do y'all need a UI/UX Designer for this website? I'm ready to do it for free. I can also do the brand identity design if you want.
I had an idea to build a website like this in my head too. But then my friend showed me this website and told if i'd want to collaborate. So here i am.

Last edited:
Old thread but I cannot agree with "the UI is practical for creator purposes". Maybe in VR. In desktop it's real pain in the ass. I've tried 20 minutes just to insert dick into a hole. VAM is best anti-conception ever :D
Seriously you can get used into some strange ideas in VAM but sth that VAM was created for - to build scenes is not user friendly at all...

Seriously? Just count how many clicks it is required to add simple sound to scene. It's just counter productive and that's why it's work not fun.

I think what you put into it, you can get out of it. VAM's depth is beyond my knowledge. I don't mind some work, especially, if I can save it as a preset or subscene. Some tinkering and learning is fun. But I do like the creators that do a lot of the ground work I build on. But now that orangutan, is he a contractor someone picked up off the street? Is he collecting firewood, for his families fireplace? Does he even know what the hell he is doing? LOLOLOL

The time needed to make stuff more easy & intuitive for you would have been time taken away from other features & fixes
This also applies to "The time needed to make stuff more easy & intuitive would allow to create scenes much more faster".
I don't complain because VAM is complicated. I complain because it's counter productive and you have to make super simple things in a super complex way.
EOT from my side.

I've actually counted mouse clicks needed to play custom file after clicking a button. 25 clicks to configure this thing :)

This software is crazy with what it can do, but I agree the User Interface is more geared for Developers, and those that used the program for probably an insane amount of time. I love this software so I'm going to take the time to try and learn it, although I'll probably be dead by the time I learn everything. I ran into a distant old friend that writes and develops programs for a the company he works for and been doing it for years so he's very knowledgable at least I think he is. Had him sample the software and agreed that it was very robust after calling me a perv lol. Hoped that he could kinda give me some pointers and advice on understanding this software quicker. Unfortunately there was a lot of "why didn't they do this?", and "why didn't they just do that?". It seems he understands far more about this software than I do, but basically told me the same thing many others have in that it will take years to learn and also feels that it was very poorly designed in the first place and everything was just built on top of that to what it is today. But yep, it will be a long and steep learning curve for me.

I think it depends on where you are coming from. I came into Vam after spending years with Daz Studio. I had to learn some basic differences, mostly due to the fact that Vam is based on Unity, but the fact that the character models are based on Daz was a huge leg up for me. I was already used to the concept of presets, and knew a fair amount about posing and lighting. I was having fun with Vam in a fairly short time, given those advantages. As an engineer (retired now), I was also used to learning new software and new UIs every few years. Yes, Vam is designed for creators, but the creators that are really good give you a menu you can use to control many things in the scene. IMO, the Ellie in the Mall with Zombies scene is one of the best around. All you really have to do is press the Camera ride button to get a full cinematic experience. If you want to change options, the menu has many to choose from. The more you want to dive into the details, the more you have to learn. Watch videos. Press buttons. Play around. Just have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom