Question UI buttons - How can I lock them?

VirtualWishX

Reactions
Twitter
VirtualWishX
Patreon
VirtualWishX
How can I lock the UI Buttons after I'm happy with their position so when I move, rotate, zoom around with the camera, the buttons will remain on the same position ?

Basically, I want the buttons to act like an extra "overlay" or layer that won't be affected by camera movement.

Any tutorial or simple way to follow the instructions step-by-step will be very helpful, I'm still a newbie so Thanks ahead! ❤

The buttons, or anything else, don't move unless you move them or something else does it. You should take a look if they're not part of a subscene you're moving or a plugin is rotating them.

Upvote 0
The buttons, or anything else, don't move unless you move them or something else does it. You should take a look if they're not part of a subscene you're moving or a plugin is rotating them.
They're asking for the buttons to move as if they're attached to the headset. They're "not moving" in relation to the player's POV.

Upvote 0

Sorry if I wasn't clear:
When I move the camera the buttons moves with the whole sceen... instead of just stay in front all the time (ignore the camera movement)

How can I make the buttons IGNORE the camera, and ALWAYS be in front of the screen not moving, scaling or roatating just stay where I put them originally.

Upvote 0
They're asking for the buttons to move as if they're attached to the headset. They're "not moving" in relation to the player's POV.
Ah, I see it now. Makes more sense than my interpretation.

Sorry if I wasn't clear:
When I move the camera the buttons moves with the whole sceen... instead of just stay in front all the time (ignore the camera movement)

How can I make the buttons IGNORE the camera, and ALWAYS be in front of the screen not moving, scaling or roatating just stay where I put them originally.
Well, this may not be the best course of action, you'll have to try and see if it doesn't cause problems of other sorts. I would say to add a subscene atom, parent those buttons to the subscene, and then you can parent link the subscene to the camera:

DWl701UnnB_aHlQ6MHSgotJoATJtuQf_OW24szMTKSkxiUtJyScLdAB38tVeoqJzT66azSCryEX2rBG1ISUi-_GjAc8h16_ayVlJvaWZZZGCaRBD7AecOZh8uDPAvA3u1LfmYogJ

The subscene mentioned will be fixed in relation to the linked atom, but if you move the viewpoint by using TAB (desktop) or in Possession (headset), the subscene will not show in the same place as it's attached to the atom, not the viewpoint. The latter is not possible to do as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Are you doing this for Desktop or VR?

I made a videogame style overlay/HUD in VR with help from ky1001's head light link, and selecting one the new tracker slots they added.

It makes anything you add the plugin to move reletive to you as you move around with the controller, not move with the headset, as parenting the ui to the centre eye for the camera rig was too nauseating in VR.

The scene i made the hud overlay for was starting to get overly complicated. I took a break from it for a while, so i unfortunately can't share an example right now.

Upvote 0
Just realised i had already mentioned this plugin on one of your previous questions, thought i was getting deja vu while i was typing. Sorry for the double post.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom