Triumph Spitfire MKIII (Car)

Assets Triumph Spitfire MKIII (Car)

PetaZwega

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
PetaZwega
PetaZwega submitted a new resource:

Triumph Spitfire MKIII (Car) - 4 wheels, steering wheel... yep, that's a car alright

I saw the model on sketchfab and was surprised how detailed this low poly car model was so I converted it but tried to retain the materials reflection. What do you think?

Credits (Non-VaM):

Read more about this resource...

1679686030.jpg

Wondering, What would be the best way to retain reflections on the car (like in the scene that comes with the VAR), when loading it into an another scene? Tried saving it as a subscene but it didn't work that way, should I load it as an asset preset?

Wondering, What would be the best way to retain reflections on the car (like in the scene that comes with the VAR), when loading it into an another scene? Tried saving it as a subscene but it didn't work that way, should I load it as an asset preset?
All the shades and reflections come from the multi-vamifier plugin. Notice in my screenshot, I didn't get the headlight glass correct. Chrome is also somewhat difficult to model in a shader. You would tune that plugin up to your liking, and save it as a plugin preset, I believe.

yea it seems bit tricky to get right, good to know about that thanks
Actually, the scene itself comes with the multi-vamifier settings. You could merge load the scene and change the lighting and backdrop. You should save the scene your working on before doing a merge load. Either that or merge load your scene on top of the car scene and delete the stuff that came with the car.

As @SlimerJSpud suggested, you can retain the reflection by merge loading the car into your scene (that's what the "no lighting" version of the scene is for). But I think I forgot to disable collisions in that version, the car might load into the middle of a person, so be careful.

Another way would be to save the car of the original scene as a CUA preset, load an empty CUA into a scene and load that saved preset twice. I first tried this, thinking it didn't work, but loading the preset a second time also reloads the multi-vamifier plugin correctly. Voilà, reflections.

As @SlimerJSpud suggested, you can retain the reflection by merge loading the car into your scene (that's what the "no lighting" version of the scene is for). But I think I forgot to disable collisions in that version, the car might load into the middle of a person, so be careful.

Another way would be to save the car of the original scene as a CUA preset, load an empty CUA into a scene and load that saved preset twice. I first tried this, thinking it didn't work, but loading the preset a second time also reloads the multi-vamifier plugin correctly. Voilà, reflections.

Thanks that works now! Aside the great scenes, these assets are a nice suprise too, cheers -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom