Tracking the real sex doll in order to position 3d model

listal13514

Reactions
It would be an exceptional level of immersion if you can move, rotate, replace and position a silicone or TPE torso in reality and track this in VR in order to reposition the 3d model. It can be done by putting the trackers on it or just doing it like hand tracking.

This was allready done by some users with Vive Trackers.
You may want to additionally have a look at those Fleshlight threads, plus some plugins to control sex robots.

? what could be awesome.. probably a few year out though is if they could link most of the animation data for plug ins like the silver circular silver, sex helper, well most of the silver helpers. and some of the bvh player to the joints in that doll.. ? Does it already have movement animations? Ive only seen it sort of talk..

You could use the April Tag tracker which uses QR tags to track codes stuck onto a physical model, that wouldn't interfere with whatever tracking you were using for your own body or require expensive Vive trackers.
There is also SlimeVR which is a DIY tracker solution which can be built a lot cheaper than Vive stuff. These trackers could be in theory embedded into 'pockets' on a physical model so you didn't have tags in the way when interacting with it.

@virtamater In theory this is possible.
There is a well going Patreon with some activ members for a "sex robot", that is merely a single 3D printed "6dof" robot arm to emulate different sex practices (This makes me always think of Howie in BigBangTh).
For this, you have a single tracked atom in VaM that could be placed and attached to every joint you like (pelvis, head or hand, for instance). A plugin is sending the position data of this atom over a serial cable connection (USB) to the robot.
As you can easily see, it would be theoretically possible, but much more complicated to track every single joint and send the data to countless stepper motors that makes a full body robot move. ;)
But for some vew joints it is more or less doable to send position data from VaM into the real world.

Though, it is completely doable to use Vive Trackers or some spare Vive Wands to track the position of some artificial body parts from real world into VaM, if you have Lighthouse tracking. This is more or less what the VaM motion-capture people are doing.

There are some other more or less effective methods to track and capture motion, too, I don't know them very well. But those Lighthouse trackers are already build-in and workingin VaM.

Last edited:
You could use the April Tag tracker which uses QR tags to track codes stuck onto a physical model, that wouldn't interfere with whatever tracking you were using for your own body or require expensive Vive trackers.
There is also SlimeVR which is a DIY tracker solution which can be built a lot cheaper than Vive stuff. These trackers could be in theory embedded into 'pockets' on a physical model so you didn't have tags in the way when interacting with it.

So these SlimeVR trackers look interesting. Would they work alongside a vive cosmos headset and controllers, which don't have lighthouses. And would this work with VAM? I can't quite figure out how it all fits together.

I don't know those trackers, but with only quickly reading the text, I would say you will need someone who will write a plugin at least... or maybe even MeshedVR to implement it into VaM, like he did with LeapMotion or Tracker support. They speak of a "Our software can etimate the position", so I think it might need an SDK to be compatible with any games??

Forget what I have wrote.
It says at the end of the text "SteamVR drivers", so MAYBE it will be natively recognized as Vive Trackers from within SteamVR. That would be indeed a very cool thing!

Last edited:
Yes, I believe they are recognised as Vive controllers so "just work" and are fairly cheap to build.
Do not expect the accuracy and quality of vive trackers though! (A cheap IMU has drift and needs calibration)

did anyone figure out how to make an atom or a persons position follow a vive tracker?
Of course, you just parent that atom to the Vive controller.
Use parentholdlink is probably best and just select the vive controller which should appear in the list when correctly setup and recognised by VaM.
I have done this with the older Kinect body tracking driver which adds 3 Vive trackers to SteamVR and then linked the models feet and hips to them so I know it works.

Of course, you just parent that atom to the Vive controller.
Use parentholdlink is probably best and just select the vive controller which should appear in the list when correctly setup and recognised by VaM.
I have done this with the older Kinect body tracking driver which adds 3 Vive trackers to SteamVR and then linked the models feet and hips to them so I know it works.
where do i find parentholdlink on a person and how do i get vivetrackers to show on the "Parent Atom" list in "Control & Physics 1"

Last edited:
Parenthold is a plugin. You have to add it to the person atom, then select "hold" in the control tabs.
The trackers should literally just appear. Can you see them when you are in the game? When you first start SteamVR and you are in the "void" looking at the mountains in the distance you should see the trackers floating and moving with you. They normally persist visibly into VaM if you don't hide them.
When you are selecting the parent object from the dropdown they should just appear in that list somewhere, I can't remember exactly.
I am sure somebody else did a guide with screenshots somewhere, I will look for it.

I tried this, it's like my hobby project. Since there is nothing like that on the market, I tried to build it myself. The biggest issue is the weight and movement stiffness of the sex dolls. We have to wait till the full body size sex dolls weigh around 20-25kg. Then it is possible. But messing around with 40 and more kg sex dolls will get you hurt. Yeah you could say that it is easy to lift 30-40 kg, but try to do it in all sorts of positions that are not meant for weight lifting. Next problem is that the body joints are so stiff, that in order to bend a leg you have to force it a lot. And when you finally get the pose you wanted, it can crumple under its own weight. There is no way to remove the stiffness, cause the joints are welded. I cut my doll to see if I can adjust it, but no way without major tweaks.

You can see my test with light weight maneking here. Where I tried to use the vive trackers. But there are tons of problems like losing direct sight on the light beacons making huge physics bugs. I am also using leap motion, but the funny thing is that the devices starts going crazy cause it is unable to distinguish your and dolls hands :D. I am waiting for new generation of trackers, that don't need the light houses, so that the issues are gone. You can check the test run video in link below, together with a bug at the end caused by the trackers that pulled the doll into the void.

Vive tracker test video

Next thing I tried, is to get a simplified torso. That has the "main stuff", and is much lighter. Also since it is a torso, the problem with stiff joints is gone.
But you still have a lot of problems with the manipulation. When you are in VR you have to be able to hold the real sex doll in place. So I tried to put together a stand that allows me to easily lift the weight and adjust the position of the doll. I had to adjust the torso doll to have a holder at the back. Simply cut it open and attach a holder to the spine tube.

Link to the sex doll torso
Test3.jpg

Test4.jpg

Somebody with proper tools and better place would build it much better I am sure. But in my case this is all I could get. Long story short, I am now trying to figure out how to build the stand from aluminum profiles, since they have the strength and modularity that is able to deal with all the pivots and heavy lifting in a more "professional" manner. I am sure the stand could support the full size sex doll too. But the biggest issues are really the weights, especially when you try to tilt the dolls into different poses. The forces are huge, and there is a risk of breaking the construction and hurting yourself. Which would be hard to explain in the hospital, or when someone finds you unconscious :D. So a system like www.item24.com and such could work out.

If I ever get to the point of actually building my next frame for the doll, I'll update this post.

Have a great time everyone and bye!
Peter.

You could use "SlimeVR" trackers. The better trackers use a 9DOF IMU which has no basestation/scanners or cameras. They "just work". So you could in theory embed them into pockets inside the doll. Ideally this would be designed in at the factory and power wiring would be put through the system so you just had one battery in the back etc. You get no occlusion issues with those SlimeVR trackers so they are idea for this sort of purpose.
I thought about a slightly less "versatile" skeleton that would be more practical for say 2 positions. Have it designed to either sit over you in cowgirl or kneel in doggy. The difference was you could add gearing to the knee/hip joints and a motor/cam that would make her either sit up/down or move back/forth. If you used linear actuators in the legs you could link it with a controller from the OSR2 to actually sync the dolls motions with the game.
Sadly I don't have the money or space to do these experiments.
Also you cut your doll? You monster! (joking, but I can't help but feel sorry for her).

This might be kind of related.. a few days ago the google store had a link to an AI bot that would have conversations and would send me emails to me.. . Has anyone came up with a conversational plug in that would talk to you and you could answer back to? Kind of like what the RealSex doll head has for conversations.. but in VaM

hedgepig is doing a load of stuff on conversational AI in another thread on here, look for that.

Anyone tried out the SlimeVR trackers for this purpose or in general with vam? Had this same idea was wondering how well they worked tracking something other than your own body.

SlimeVR I have not tried, but the way you parent an atom to a tracker when I last tried it in VaM suggested you could easily use a SlimeVR tracker for an object. The drift on cheap IMU trackers would be a problem though. You really want Optical tracking (either inside out or base station) if you want to reliably track an object.

Back
Top Bottom