Resource icon

Plugins [Tool]Resource Extractor: Fully automatic extraction of various Presets

cotyounoyume

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
cotyounoyume
cotyounoyume submitted a new resource:

[Tool]Resource Extractor: Fully automatic extraction of various Presets - This tool automatically generates various presets and settings for CUAManager from VarPackage.

Description:

This application will extract various resources contained in a VaM scene as a Preset file in one go.​
In simple terms, this is a tool to automatically generate the following from a VAR Package.​
Appearance Preset, Clothing Preset, Hair Preset, Morph Preset, Skin Preset, and Preset for CUAManager
The last one is the most powerful...

Read more about this resource...

Hi cotyounoyume, is there a way to remodify the exported presets in other softwares like blender/daz ? Like convert those presets to obj or fbx format, of course the release and use of remodified version will be approved by the original author.

Hi cotyounoyume, is there a way to remodify the exported presets in other softwares like blender/daz ? Like convert those presets to obj or fbx format, of course the release and use of remodified version will be approved by the original author.
Sorry, this mechanism is only realized by the Preset specification on VaM, so it will not be available in other software.

cotyounoyume updated [Tool]Resource Extractor: Fully automatic extraction of various Presets with a new update entry:

[Tool]Resource Extractor ver.1.1 + CUAMHelper

I made this tool even easier to use. I also took a video of it, so you can easily understand how to use it and how effective it is.
You can start using this tool right away with this tool and the guidance that goes on in the game in Scene format. It's that easy!
  • Step 1: Unzip and run the tool
    Unzip the tool first and then run it. As shown in the video, after opening the location where VaM.exe is located, simply press the Make All Presets button. This step is now complete...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'd love to use this tool but when i select VaM.exe the program is getting unresponsive and then just closes. Log says vam.exe was found.

I'd love to use this tool but when i select VaM.exe the program is getting unresponsive and then just closes. Log says vam.exe was found.
Thanks for your comment. I will look into it.
However, I start work tomorrow so it may be the weekend before I can really look into it.

Hello, I didn't see any way to reply to your comment on my review so I'll update you on my issues here.

The combination of CUA and Person as you asked doesn't seem to matter, as the problem still occurs using OniEkohvius's Kasumi.

kazoomzoom.jpg

Naturally I figured something must be wrong with my installation of VaM, so I made a separate clean install and then only downloaded the same Kasumi mentioned above that you also showcase in your preview of how your tool works.

I followed the instructions, loaded up CUAMHelper, got the plugins from Blazedust that are needed and loaded the preset generated by the program inside the ResourceExtractor folder, but sadly I still have the same issue as you can see. In this case the CUA hair is all the way at the top of the screen while for other characters it might be offset just a little bit or only on the X-axis.

The only thing I can think of that might be the cause is the CUAManager version? I'm using the latest 16 but I noticed your scene CUAMHelper asks for version 10 at one point?

Hello, I didn't see any way to reply to your comment on my review so I'll update you on my issues here.

The combination of CUA and Person as you asked doesn't seem to matter, as the problem still occurs using OniEkohvius's Kasumi.

View attachment 184636

Naturally I figured something must be wrong with my installation of VaM, so I made a separate clean install and then only downloaded the same Kasumi mentioned above that you also showcase in your preview of how your tool works.

I followed the instructions, loaded up CUAMHelper, got the plugins from Blazedust that are needed and loaded the preset generated by the program inside the ResourceExtractor folder, but sadly I still have the same issue as you can see. In this case the CUA hair is all the way at the top of the screen while for other characters it might be offset just a little bit or only on the X-axis.

The only thing I can think of that might be the cause is the CUAManager version? I'm using the latest 16 but I noticed your scene CUAMHelper asks for version 10 at one point?
Thank you for your comment, I'll look into it this weekend!

View attachment 184636

I have checked my scene and there is no request for CUAM Ver. 10.
Even on my video, CUAM is DLing Ver. 16. And my Scene actually consists mostly of scripts, and the designation in the scripts does not specify a specific Version, but rather .latest.
So I did not find the behavior of getting Ver.10 as you commented.

As you can see from the screenshot, many parts of the functionality seem to be working properly. However, the part that generates the CUAM configuration file is not working correctly, so the CUA does not appear in the correct position.
Would it be possible for you to send me the following files?
Custom\Scripts\Blazedust\CUAManager\presets\preset_CTYAE_OniEkohvius.DoA_Kasumi.4_(F)_OniEkohvius - Kasumi.json
I don't think we can figure out the cause of the problem, but it may give us some more clues.

Of course, I will attach the file to this post.

and you're right, I did some testing of my own the other day as I was able to find earlier versions of CUAM including v10. But as you say there seems to be no correlation. Very strange behavior... some configuration in my Windows settings or drive perhaps? sounds farfetched but who knows.

Also I very much appreciate you taking your time to find a solution but it's completely fine even if you don't.

Worse comes to worst I'll just have to make my own presets for the CUA as I have in the past, it's no big deal really!

Attachments

• preset_CTYAE_OniEkohvius.DoA_Kasumi.4_(F)_OniEkohvius - Kasumi.json
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
Of course, I will attach the file to this post.

and you're right, I did some testing of my own the other day as I was able to find earlier versions of CUAM including v10. But as you say there seems to be no correlation. Very strange behavior... some configuration in my Windows settings or drive perhaps? sounds farfetched but who knows.

Also I very much appreciate you taking your time to find a solution but it's completely fine even if you don't.

Worse comes to worst I'll just have to make my own presets for the CUA as I have in the past, it's no big deal really!
Thank you! I appreciate your support.
I checked the file you stored and found that the coordinates of the CUA, which should be calculated correctly, were left at their default values.
The CUAM ver. is also incorrect, but more than that, it seems that my application is not working correctly.
I will try to find a solution for that.

Thank you! I appreciate your support.
I checked the file you stored and found that the coordinates of the CUA, which should be calculated correctly, were left at their default values.
The CUAM ver. is also incorrect, but more than that, it seems that my application is not working correctly.
I will try to find a solution for that.

The reason for the CUAM version being incorrect is most likely because I had been trying out different versions of that plugin to see if that was the issue.

I see.. so the values are set at '0' if I understand it correctly? hm, maybe there's some issue with how directories are structured? Not that I ever did any changes to what the program generated.

Could it have anything to do with the display language? I noticed your volumes are in Japanese in the preview video. I'm just shooting in the dark here!

The reason for the CUAM version being incorrect is most likely because I had been trying out different versions of that plugin to see if that was the issue.

I see.. so the values are set at '0' if I understand it correctly? hm, maybe there's some issue with how directories are structured? Not that I ever did any changes to what the program generated.

Could it have anything to do with the display language? I noticed your volumes are in Japanese in the preview video. I'm just shooting in the dark here!
Sorry, I don't know the cause yet.
I am writing this application in C#. Somehow I think it might be an issue with SDK version differences, etc.
I am a little concerned that maybe many people are not using this feature.

I wrote the program that generates the CUAM options with great difficulty and I would love to see many people use it. So, I will look into this a little more.

P.S.
I am currently working on a major feature addition to my main Plugin, so I have not yet had enough time to do the research needed for this application.
Please wait a little longer.

Sorry, I don't know the cause yet.
I am writing this application in C#. Somehow I think it might be an issue with SDK version differences, etc.
I am a little concerned that maybe many people are not using this feature.

I wrote the program that generates the CUAM options with great difficulty and I would love to see many people use it. So, I will look into this a little more.

P.S.
I am currently working on a major feature addition to my main Plugin, so I have not yet had enough time to do the research needed for this application.
Please wait a little longer.

Your program still works incredibly well even if you disregard the CUAM feature acting funky, and there's really no rush to get it working properly.

Looking forward to see whatever Quality of Life feature you'll be adding!

Would be nice if this tool could skip vars it has already extracted. That way when I want to extract a few new vars I don't have to also process the other 5000 also, which takes some minutes.

Back
Top Bottom