The Drive In (Environment)

Assets The Drive In (Environment)

Hexenv88

Reactions
Patreon
Hexenv88
Hey @Hexenv88 This is a fantastic environment. I love the detail. but I have some feedback.

Seems theres some unused assets. like a cube hidden in the front center car. and a whole school CUA thats included.

I poked around, removed many lights which greatly improved FPS.

I am interested in optimizing this ENV for METACHAT. but Id like for people to get into the cars. Would it be possible to separate the cars into their own CUAs? I plan to disable the collisions to the outer body and create simplifed invisible boxes as seat collisions and undercarriage so players can place persons inside if they wish :)

Also. if it is possible to bake in the lighting so the food stall lights dont drain on performance. that will help.

let me know if this interests you :)

Hey @Hexenv88 This is a fantastic environment. I love the detail. but I have some feedback.

Seems theres some unused assets. like a cube hidden in the front center car. and a whole school CUA thats included.

I poked around, removed many lights which greatly improved FPS.

I am interested in optimizing this ENV for METACHAT. but Id like for people to get into the cars. Would it be possible to separate the cars into their own CUAs? I plan to disable the collisions to the outer body and create simplifed invisible boxes as seat collisions and undercarriage so players can place persons inside if they wish :)

Also. if it is possible to bake in the lighting so the food stall lights dont drain on performance. that will help.

let me know if this interests you :)
Yes for sure I will defiantly clean it up a bit. the school is part of a scene I am making that includes the drive in and a long country road. guess I forgot to remove it. the cube was put there to hide the missing textures in the trunk area. if you remove it you can see tight though the middle of the back seats. i didn't notice it until i was in vr checking it out in VAM. i will correct that in an update. and yes I can separate the cars. I want o replace the jeep with one that has an interior as well. just never got to it. everything else is useable i have two people playing in the middle car in the front row in the scene i am making. its tight but they make it work. as for baked lighting I'm still not sure how to do that. any tips and tricks on doing that??

Back
Top Bottom