The Doll

bdmulligan

Reactions
Patreon
bdmulligan
Hey, this is a great scene animation-wise, but I would advise one little thing:
When you tag your scene with the "HUB-Hosted-VAR" tag, you're not supposed to not includes the looks references in the scene if the actual events/actions requires those looks to load properly.

For those who don't have downloaded the Beto or Manda separately, this means that the scene will throw an error and revert all the character & clothes to the default female character in gray sport briefs. By that point, it's basically a hell to adjust the proportion properly as all slider are also reset to default. (Manda and Beto aren't 1/1 scaled as the default female and male models. The proportions are quite different which makes the animations offset quite a bit.)

To fix this, you need to properly remove the Beto and Manda character references from the scene (and events) and set some generic basic male and female character with the right proportions for your animations. Instead of using presets during the events where the clothes changes, target the clothes directly and disable them as that's another thing that will break things up if someone doesn't have those presets installed (and no, they aren't coming with the scene).

Hey, this is a great scene animation-wise, but I would advise one little thing:
When you tag your scene with the "HUB-Hosted-VAR" tag, you're not supposed to not includes the looks references in the scene if the actual events/actions requires those looks to load properly.

For those who don't have downloaded the Beto or Manda separately, this means that the scene will throw an error and revert all the character & clothes to the default female character in gray sport briefs. By that point, it's basically a hell to adjust the proportion properly as all slider are also reset to default. (Manda and Beto aren't 1/1 scaled as the default female and male models. The proportions are quite different which makes the animations offset quite a bit.)

To fix this, you need to properly remove the Beto and Manda character references from the scene (and events) and set some generic basic male and female character with the right proportions for your animations. Instead of using presets during the events where the clothes changes, target the clothes directly and disable them as that's another thing that will break things up if someone doesn't have those presets installed (and no, they aren't coming with the scene).
Thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear as I was taking a stab at how players could easily drop in their own characters. But you're totally right. It didn't make scene to ship a scene out having those references to Looks on the hub. With the next update, the default characters will be scaled to what I tested with and Beto and Manda's references wont be saved in. They'll be available in their own exclusive scene of course.

bdmulligan updated The Doll with a new update entry:

The Doll v3

Thanks to everyone who provided some valuable feedback! This update addresses:
* Removed references to Manda and Beto.
* Updated the preset loader tools that better describe where each preset should go. For further explanation feel free to visit https://www.patreon.com/posts/88679525.
* More testing and animation maintenance. I tested other models with the same scale applied and tried to give the animations room for slight differences with the geometry. Obviously, similar body...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom