• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered Textures disappear when I import my own clothing from DAZ3D. Any help?

DaveVR

Reactions
Patreon
DaveVR
Hey Guys!

I have been trying to make my own clothing items using Marvelous Designer. Specifically, a galaxy textured legging.

When I am done with the clothing I import that to DAZ to rig it to the Genesis 2 model.

After that is done everything seems fine. The texture is alright, the legging fits the Gen2 model and moves with it as well.
I export that as a .duf to use in VAM.

But when I import it into the Clothing Creator in VAM, all the textures disappear. The clothing is fine but without any kind of texture.

Below is the legging when in DAZ and a picture after importing to VAM.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

2.png

1.png

The problem is you are using "Base Color" to hold the texture in Daz Studio which is not recognized by the VaM Daz importer. Instead of using the PBR materials switch to using Uber or Iray material setup. Then use Diffuse Color and assign the map there. The other option is to just go in a copy the textures over manually yourself to the folder when the VaM item is created, then on the materials tabs assign the textures there. But if you want it more fully automated, fixing in Daz Studio to use compatible materials is required.

Upvote 0
Hi MeshedVR!

The (second) manual option definitely solved my issue, thanks a million times for the tip!

However, I was not able to find out how to switch to the Iray material setup. I did apply the Iray Uber base shader to the clothing, but there was no "Diffuse Color" option in the UI. Also, when importing to VAM with the Iray shader applied and the textures loaded to "Base Color", the texture still goes away.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom