• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Texture work tips and tricks discussion.

Eaglekun

Reactions
I plan to learn substance painter but im still using photoshop for now, I assume thats what most of you use as well. Thought it would be cool to share some tips with eachother to help us all get even better looking textures. With that in mind I present my current dilema:

Im trying to separate the darker hair details from the rest of the skin so i can use it for a texture.
fsaf.JPG

And not just hair, any time im trying to isolate some details from a reference photograph its a real hassle. theres got to be a better way i dont know of.

You can select by color range!
Screenshot_35.png

Then pick a skin tone with the color picker! Experiment with the fuzziness to get best results! I usually invert the selection.
Screenshot_36.png

Add a layer mask!
Screenshot_37.png

cool thanks for the reply. Ive used separation by color range but it doesnt always give me the clean separation i need. The other technique im using is using high pass to isolate details then use luminosity to blend them in to the texture. But this also isnt as clean as id like.

Back
Top Bottom