Plugins Stripwise Lite (Beta)

GossamerVR

Featured Contributor
Reactions
GossamerVR submitted a new resource:

Stripwise Lite (Alpha) - Precisely set a region of clothes to be loose

Hello Darlings!

It's been a while.

TLDR: This plugin lets you control the rigidity of clothing within X, Y, and Z bounds, and is a skeletal alpha of the concept. You can animate it in Timeline, but it is not yet performant so expect chop if you do. It doesn't always 'find' the clothes so you'll have to toggle it off and on again if it doesn't (or hit Reset Sim Cache in the UI)

Read more about this resource...

when I add the plugin, I have this error message:

Exception during plugin script Init: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GossamerVR.Stripwise.StripwiseLite.LoadSims () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GossamerVR.Stripwise.StripwiseLite.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I reset the sim cache, I see the clothes initialising, but the plugin does nothing.

when I add the plugin, I have this error message:

Exception during plugin script Init: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GossamerVR.Stripwise.StripwiseLite.LoadSims () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GossamerVR.Stripwise.StripwiseLite.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I reset the sim cache, I see the clothes initialising, but the plugin does nothing.
I'll look into this right now. Are you on the latest version of VAM?

Alright I think i've fixed that issue. Thanks so much for reporting it. Update coming shortly

GossamerVR updated Stripwise Lite (Alpha) with a new update entry:

Important initialization error fix

This fixes an initialization error.

The plugin was in many cases able to look for clothing before it was assigned a place to look, resulting in an exception. This has been fixed.

As a side-fix, you shouldn't have to reset after saving a scene anymore. However, it still often has to be reset on loading a scene, because the clothes get populated at different times including before or after this plugin initializes. That's my next fix, pending any other critical bugs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is pretty crazy, hope it gets more development. If something like this that would also use layered colormaps for post-processing sim stripping instead of vanilla VAM strip mechanics, it would be fantastic. I have no idea how that would function as it's a very rough idea I have in my head.

This is great. If at all possible maybe add ability to select which clothing is affected so that i can for example just mess with a top while having bottoms stay on. 🤩

While the "big" version will definitely have clothing selection options, you can still get that effect with this one by changing the effect bounds sliders. For example, if you move the "Bottom Effect Bounds" slider to about 1, the plugin will assign default rigidity to everything below that.

This is pretty crazy, hope it gets more development. If something like this that would also use layered colormaps for post-processing sim stripping instead of vanilla VAM strip mechanics, it would be fantastic. I have no idea how that would function as it's a very rough idea I have in my head.

That's a fantastic idea. It may not be in scope of the "Lite" version of this but I will definitely keep it in mind.
Messing with the cloth rigidity is really just pulling a set of data, modifying it, and pushing it back. The hard part was digging into the code to see how it all worked, but now that it's clear what elements should be changed, hopefully there will be a few other developers also trying things out.

@GossamerVR Heyo! Awesome plugin, been playing with it a bit.
Would it be possible to add the Ignore X and Z (faster) option to be able to set via trigger?
The option is also not saved in the scene or plugin presets currently.

@GossamerVR Heyo! Awesome plugin, been playing with it a bit.
Would it be possible to add the Ignore X and Z (faster) option to be able to set via trigger?
The option is also not saved in the scene or plugin presets currently.
Thank you! Yes I can register them, I probably just forgot to.

Impending update.
The good news is that it features per-clothing filter, per-axis cutoff settings, and -- perhaps most importantly -- reliably loads clothing from saved files (including ignore settings). The bad news is that it is a new named asset as I'm merging branches into a single Stripwise plugin instead of Lite and Pro being separate assets, which means you'll have to treat it as a new plugin and apply new settings. I expect it will be worth it ;)
Allow me a little time to hunt for issues and I'll post, ideally tonight.
1678417655908.png

GossamerVR updated Stripwise Lite (Alpha) with a new update entry:

Loading, Filtering, Saving, Inverting

Good news, lovelies

The plugin will now load properly and detect clothing changes, so you should be good to use it in your shared scenes without having your users jump through hoops (Or your own scenes if you're just using it for yourself or to create videos).

The asset name is different, as I have merged plans for variants of the plugin.
future releases will continue to follow the new naming convention...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is epic @GossamerVR how do we do multiple clothing items at a time with different sim settings or is it all checked at once? Thanks!

This is epic @GossamerVR how do we do multiple clothing items at a time with different sim settings or is it all checked at once? Thanks!

All active clothing items are modified by the plugin (if it detects they are simulated). If you click "Clothing Filters" at the top left of the ui you can uncheck items that you want the plugin to ignore (usually good for jewelry or bunny ears, etc).

The plugin will essentially edit the "joint strength" of the clothing to become 0 within the region you specify or animate. The rest of the clothing settings should remain as you configured.

However, it doesn't really support the "undress" checkbox on clothing, which breaks the joints. If you have "undress" enabled on a clothing item the plugin might not affect it properly.

Back
Top Bottom