Still no appropriate tutorial about removing dependencies

HungryBobo

Reactions
I think I already watched all tutorials about VAR and threads about unnecessary dependencies, but still can't figure out how to make it right. What should I do with my first finalized scene? It has nearly 7 non-distributables and I don't think they are even used in the scene. And nearly 70 of other. I know it will be faster to make it again, but anything in VAM is time-consuming.

What dependencies are you talking about, morphs?
If so I'd suggest to only use the morphs with the white background, not the red and blue ones. Cause the white ones are the ones that came originally with VaM. So called vanilla morphs.

The meta.json will show you what is used and coming from where. And if you open the scene json you can find where they're used.
Making the package on a clean VAM and adding only the packages you need is the best way to avoid referencing those assets from unneeded packages.
Usually the problem is with morphs, check HolySchmidt tip.

So did anybody tell how to do it or I will need basic programming knowledge? :D

First off there's this tutorial: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-create-a-var-file.5565/
Also:
  • Pay attention to what you include on the scene, try to get the original package not a repacked asset from something else
  • Packaging in a clean VAM, not the production one, will keep things much cleaner
  • The packaging process before you create the VAR will already tell you all things that will be referenced
  • Check the meta.json file afterwards for deep nested references, but don't edit it if you don't know how jsons work
Try it out a few times, you don't have to get it perfect the first time. You don't need programming knowledge, just time and effort to understand it.

That is what I needed to hear.

Also sometimes I've seen scenes without hair. Does it mean that authors cut up almost all assets? Now I think to use default characters with minor atjustments. And use own saved models for preview

That's because you're missing a hair dependency. Check the error log and the Hub inside VAM for referenced things for the scene.

You could also check out this tutorial:

They have advice on how to fix ugly dependency list and how to avoid it in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom