Start monetizing your content on Housefly.io - The censorship free Patreon alternative

Guides Start monetizing your content on Housefly.io - The censorship free Patreon alternative

Housefly

Reactions
Website
housefly.io
Twitter
houseflybuzz
Housefly submitted a new resource:

CREATOR GUIDE: How to use Housefly.io - Everything you need to know about making money on Housefly, the Patreon alternative for crypto users

View attachment 255322

What is Housefly ?

Housefly is a revolutionary social platform that helps creators make money without the need for involvement of banks, payment processors or traditional financial institutions. Think of it as "Twitter meets Patreon", powered by "wallet-to-wallet" subscriptions, tips, and pay-to-view content paid in MATIC on the Polygon...​

Read more about this resource...

Please note Housefly is an official partner of ours. This is not SPAM! We will soon be adding a way to add additional download link to your Housefly posts in the resource creation panel.

Please note Housefly is an official partner of ours. This is not SPAM! We will soon be adding a way to add additional download link to your Housefly posts in the resource creation panel.

Before I do anything stupid, I'll ask.

Okay, you're partners, but if you don't like the content and you think the "guide" shouldn't be in VAM, but somewhere else, and you put an "Angry" emote, am I going to get blamed?

Yes, I'm French, so I'm unpleasant by nature and I say what I think. :unsure:

Okay, you're partners, but if you don't like the content and you think the "guide" shouldn't be in VAM, but somewhere else, and you put an "Angry" emote, am I going to get blamed?

Where do you think the guide for Housefly and the special link we have for our community (which is in this guide) should go?

If you are complaining about paid content in general, you shouldn't take it out on this guide post with a negative review or reaction. That is the equivalent of asking us to not allow links to Patreon.

Its silly to think you'll "like" all content. If you don't like something keep scrolling. I think the guide is fitting place for this. Only other option would have been Other but not as good as fit. IMO

Its silly to think you'll "like" all content. If you don't like something keep scrolling. I think the guide is fitting place for this. Only other option would have been Other but not as good as fit. IMO

Don't worry, I understand the situation and my reasoning is personal, when the minority thinks one thing, it's not necessarily the best.

I wouldn't make the same mistake as my useless president.

Housefly updated How to use Housefly.io - Patreon alternative for crypto payments with a new update entry:

Now you can add a "Pay with crypto" button on your resource pages

Now you can add a "Pay with crypto" button on your resource pages, and link it to your Housefly profile or to a specific "pay-to-view" resource on Housefly where users can pay one time fee to download that specific resource.

This way, users who prefer to pay with crypto will have an easy way to reach your Housefly profile or resource and complete the transaction, directly from your resource pages on the VAM Hub.

OPTION 1: FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is interesting, and the option to chose from multiple support methods is good. Not sure if I will do it, but I might look into it.

Housefly updated How to use Housefly.io - Patreon alternative for crypto payments with a new update entry:

BEST PRACTICE: How to setup a Housefly profile that converts and earn crypto

Hi VAM community,

We wanted to share a great example from @Nial (With his permission of course :love:) how to setup your profile on Housefly to monetize your paid assets via subscriptions and pay-to-view basis.

STEP 1 - PROFILE THAT SELLS
1. Claim your custom URL like Nial did: https://www.housefly.io/@Nial
2. Explain who...

do the users (buyers) need a crypto wallet to purchase or subscribe, or do just the creators need one for payouts?

Hi all, we will be supporting account creation without connecting your own wallet and users will be able to pay using a payment card in addition to other new features and improvements. You can read about it here.

Create account with email, fund wallet with credit card and much more 🚀🚀🚀

Hi VAM community,

I am sharing some important updates on our platform that are resolving some critical friction points for users related to web3 technology, no knowledge of crypto, wallets, etc. The typical scenarios we have seen which are preventing both creators and supporters are:
  1. Users don't have a crypto wallet and cannot signup on Housefly
  2. Users don't own any MATIC to pay for content on Housefly
  3. Users don't want to connect their wallet with Housefly due to safety...

I'm glad you added an option to pay with credit cards. Maybe it's my age but I don't see myself getting into crypto currency anytime soon. I can share one reason why: on the Housefly website there are links to "how to" videos for crypto services (Coinbase and MetaMask). I watched both and neither were very helpful. Someone needs to create a step-by-step, very brief video (1 or 2 minutes tops) on how to get into crypto. If this can't be explained in easy to understand terms in under 2 minutes, I just don't see this catching on with most people IMHO.

Back on the credit card thing, I thought MasterCard was cracking down on adult oriented sites so are you concerned about that?

I'm glad you added an option to pay with credit cards. Maybe it's my age but I don't see myself getting into crypto currency anytime soon. I can share one reason why: on the Housefly website there are links to "how to" videos for crypto services (Coinbase and MetaMask). I watched both and neither were very helpful. Someone needs to create a step-by-step, very brief video (1 or 2 minutes tops) on how to get into crypto. If this can't be explained in easy to understand terms in under 2 minutes, I just don't see this catching on with most people IMHO.

Back on the credit card thing, I thought MasterCard was cracking down on adult oriented sites so are you concerned about that?
Hi @Jocks3D thanks for your feedback!

Friction points and challenges with crypto are the reason we introduced the option to sign up with an email and fund your Housefly wallet with a credit card. This way there won't be any need at all to get into crypto if you don't want to. In the past week we have over 1,500 new users out of which 70% are using email signup and using a card to fund their Housefly account and pay for content on our platform. The number of transaction tripled since we released these features: https://polygonscan.com/address/0xbc9e3359080456b73ed6eb4fbc099583fb9dd3cb

However, the wallet connect option will remain since it offers 100% anonymity and convenience for growing number of users.

Furthermore, we will update the "how to" content to reflect the new features and be more appealing for non-crypto users. This will come along with the 2.0 version of Housefly which is planned to go live in mid February 2024.

As for MasterCard cracking down on adult oriented sites, no concerns at all. We are confident our solution is ringfenced from these challenges.

Happy New Year and looking forward seeing you on Housefly in 2024.

This is interesting, and the option to chose from multiple support methods is good. Not sure if I will do it, but I might look into it.
Hi, I think now is a good time to have a look at our platform... with the latest features that remove all friction points related to crypto, for non-crypto users. Happy New Year !!!

Back
Top Bottom