• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Speech bubbles in scene not appearing

garibaldi18

Reactions
My question is specific to a scene “It’s a yard work life”. The scene is amazing, but half of the dialogue bubbles that appear are invisible, or only flash for a fraction of a second. Others work perfectly fine.

Can I adjust some setting in the scene to address this? Maybe the timing is off somehow? Or perhaps I have a plugin or something that is messing with the bubbles?

I’m playing in VR mode.

Thanks!

The timings are possibly set in the trigger track of Timeline, you'd need to adjust those triggers for a longer time.
Speech bubbles have their issues, but when the scene was made there wasn't that many alternative options.

Upvote 0
The timings are possibly set in the trigger track of Timeline, you'd need to adjust those triggers for a longer time.
Speech bubbles have their issues, but when the scene was made there wasn't that many alternative options.
Thanks! I’ll look into that.

Upvote 0
I checked and the scene does not use Timeline plugin. I tried editing the animation speed of some atoms, one was called “ST 2 Dialogue”, setting to default of 1, but it was at a speed of 4, but this didn’t really have any consistent results. At a loss for what to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Sure does, it's there in the dependencies. Doesn't have to be in the persons, could be in any atom. Now, whether the speech bubble triggers are on it that I don't know.
A scene can be made in many different forms, you'll need to investigate, I can only help in a general way.

Upvote 0
Sure does, it's there in the dependencies. Doesn't have to be in the persons, could be in any atom. Now, whether the speech bubble triggers are on it that I don't know.
A scene can be made in many different forms, you'll need to investigate, I can only help in a general way.
Of course, and I appreciate the help!

I understand that dependencies are components that a scene depends on to work. Trying to figure out how to look in dependencies for timeline. Would I go to the package manager?

The scene has tons of atoms, but I’d check in the dialogue ones first.

Upvote 0
I looked in the scene's Hub page for dependencies, it lists them; but you could also see it from the Package Manager.
Anyway, if you want to find the speech bubbles triggers, likely set in Timeline, you need to find where that Timeline instance is in the scene. Scene editing is a good exercise to understand better how VaM and scnenes work.

Upvote 0
I looked in the scene's Hub page for dependencies, it lists them; but you could also see it from the Package Manager.
Anyway, if you want to find the speech bubbles triggers, likely set in Timeline, you need to find where that Timeline instance is in the scene. Scene editing is a good exercise to understand better how VaM and scnenes work.
Thanks. This process has taught me a lot so far!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom