• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Smooth Separate Atom Movement

Wowzerz

Reactions
Hi all,

So, I have a scene I'm messing around with where the character lifts a separate CUA (a barbell) to do bicep curls, and a timeline animation to do so. However, I am finding it difficult to match up the movement so it looks fluid and natural. Currently, I have the CUA set to no-collision so there aren't any weird finger collisions going on, but I don't believe this is the best approach.

What is?

I could re-enable collision and maybe try some plugins to make it look smoother, but I don't know. I haven't worked with in-game animation either, but would be willing to try if that would solve it.

Parent linking to the hands would make the barrel movement follow the hands smoothly.

Upvote 1
Parent linking to the hands would make the barrel movement follow the hands smoothly.

That does help the bar follow the hands smoothly, but I'm stuck on how to get the bar parented to both hands at once. I tried messing around with an empty atom, connecting the hand controls and what-not, but is there a way to parent link both hands somehow?

Upvote 0
You can't parent to both hands because it would potentially have unsolvable linking, like Lhand goes to the left and Rhand goes to the right, what then?
If one hand is meant to follow the same movement as the other, then link one hand to the other and the bar to any of the hands.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom