Simple spanks with new samples

Scenes Simple spanks with new samples

Spankimus

Reactions
KevinS submitted a new resource:

Simple spanks with new samples - A less GPU intensive scene with just the basics

120 new sound samples and a simplified scene for lesser GPUs and higher quality. Also easier to load your own models and scenarios. Sounds and samples can also be changed of course but they're the time consuming work! Or just whack away - whatever!

View attachment 298134

If this scene does not load for you, load into a clean install of VaM and should hopefully work.

Read more about this resource...

Sorry if this is overly critical, but I think it'd be in your best interest and less irksome to all of us browsing the hub to focus your energies on optimizing and updating the scenes you already have out there instead of continuously releasing slightly altered versions of the same scenes over and over which are clearly suffering from overuse of sound files and other aspects that make them run insanely slow and unable to load for most people in the first place.

Asking people to reinstall VAM in order to make a scene work really isn't reasonable.

Sorry if this is overly critical, but I think it'd be in your best interest and less irksome to all of us browsing the hub to focus your energies on optimizing and updating the scenes you already have out there instead of continuously releasing slightly altered versions of the same scenes over and over which are clearly suffering from overuse of sound files and other aspects that make them run insanely slow and unable to load for most people in the first place.

Asking people to reinstall VAM in order to make a scene work really isn't reasonable.
Works for most, has been readjusted over and over again by myself to try to determine the issue to no avail (hence the many releases), has been installed and run with no issues by one of the developers (Vamdev), over 25,000 downloads overall with a few people reporting issues which I've done my best to try to resolve but with no success because I have no log file, no information and the writers of the actual program say it works fine. Not really up to me to fix the software that I have no access to or users' machines if they can't handle it is it?

Works for most, has been readjusted over and over again by myself to try to determine the issue to no avail (hence the many releases), has been installed and run with no issues by one of the developers (Vamdev), over 25,000 downloads overall with a few people reporting issues which I've done my best to try to resolve but with no success because I have no log file, no information and the writers of the actual program say it works fine. Not really up to me to fix the software that I have no access to or users' machines if they can't handle it is it?

I'm 99% sure that the major bottleneck for your scenes are your sound files and the sheer amount and the way you implement them that is killing your scene's performance.

It's not my area of expertise, but you should research and learn how to utilize the logicbricks SoundFromAB and RandomSoundFromAB instead of embedding over 100 mp3 files and using separate random sound bricks.... or just use less external sound files in general

I'm fairly certain with those changes that your scene will run 10 times faster and not crash people who have modest rigs.

I'm 99% sure that the major bottleneck for your scenes are your sound files and the sheer amount and the way you implement them that is killing your scene's performance.

It's not my area of expertise, but you should research and learn how to utilize the logicbricks SoundFromAB and RandomSoundFromAB instead of embedding over 100 mp3 files and using separate random sound bricks.... or just use less external sound files in general

I'm fairly certain with those changes that your scene will run 10 times faster and not crash people who have modest rigs.
Yep, it appears so because most often it will leave this as the last message on the screen, however it isn't the sound causing the issue, I removed it several iterations ago but it didn't help unfortunately, I also tried to use RandomSoundfromAB but couldn't get Unity working unfortunately. I ruled the sound problem out in "Silent Screams" where there was in built sound only yet problems still reported. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom