Question Sharing Video

Wowzerz

Reactions
I have been playing around with Virt-a-mate for a couple of months now and was wondering how the licensing of other people's work affects video streaming.

Is it possible to upload video content (non-monetized) of custom user-created VAM content and what are the limitations affecting this?
For example, if I had a scene that included a wide swath of plugins, custom clothing, and custom assets with varying licenses, am I able to upload a video of this if it is non-commercial?

Check the licenses of each individual asset/clothing/plugin/etc. you use. When in doubt, ask the author.

When it's a CreativeCommons licence (which most non-paid VAR package should use) it's pretty simple:
For any visible/hearable asset you need "Modify & Adapt". If your assets are not all under the same license or if your video will be published under a different license (e.g. "Standard Youtube License"), you also need "Change License". Just using a plugin (=software) is usally fine, unless you change the plugin itself or the plugin also contains visible/hearable assets (e.g. textures or sound files)

If you go commercial (e.g. you run a Patreon, even if the video itself is free), everything (including plugins) need to allow commercial use.
1668967902765.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom