Question Setting camera position by coordinates

Khazar Milkers

Reactions
Hello all,

Is it possible to set the camera position and angle by coordinates, like you would with atoms? I want to make thumbnails for my collection of models, and I would like them to be standardized.

Unrelated additional question: if someone happens to have Roac's Layla model, does yours also have a visible line on the neck due to difference between the body and face textures? Any ideas on how to fix it? I was going to use photoshop to try to make them blend together, but I can't find a body texture file anywhere for the "female 12" used in the look.

Is it possible to set the camera position and angle by coordinates, like you would with atoms?
You can use the default "WindowCamera" and position it the way you want. You can use the "Move" tab to set its position and angle by coordinates. Press "M" to see through it.

You can also position the camera on an atom and use plugins such as SpawnPoint or Embody. It'll position the camera according to the atom. You'll be able to see through "the atom's eyes".

If you want to standardize it, you've got several options for each step:
1) Set your camera position. If you have several camera position, you could place several atoms and "spawn" on each. Or you can add Timeline plugin and make the atom/camera move to the desired positions.
Then either:
2a) Bring your model to the scene (load the appearance)
or
2b) Save your camera/atoms in a subscene, and load the subscene to the scene with your models.

Upvote 0
Note that SuperShot has a function for taking automated screenshots from predefined positions. Basically you place a bunch of Empty atoms renamed to SuperShot#SomethingXYZ in your scene. The name after the # will also be used for the filename. Using the WindowCamera as a preview can be helpful for positioning as you can see in the video. If you want to be extra fancy it can also take screenshots via trigger. So with some LogicBricks help you could go through various Light or PostMagic settings, various poses or clothing options and take a series of shots from different positions.

Upvote 0
Thanks ZRSX and MacGruber. I actually found a simpler way to do what I was looking for. I didn't know you could save the spawn point from the scene misc menu, and move to that spawn point. I ended up just using that.

I have now finished my models folder. I found a plugin that adds a screen and a camera, and placed the screen behind the model. I placed the camera to give a bit of a profile view of the model. This way, my thumbnails show the front view of the face, with in the background the profile view of the face. I also wanted to include a body view in the thumbnails, but unfortunately I found the thumbnails to be too small to fit all 3 views.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom