Question Semi-Randomize Atom's Position.X/Y/Z

plokijuhygt

Reactions
Hey All.

Been lurking here for some time, and have been trying to make things with Virt-a-mate for a while.
As I couldn't find an answer on the forum, here goes.

What am I trying to achieve:
Random Movement of a Person through a certain space. Like idle movement.
I don't care much (as of yet) for the actual animation, just the movement of the Person.

What's working so far:
I've set up the Person
I've added a Animation Pattern with 2 Steps
Step 1 is located at and attached to the Person's Control with a Physics Link (So the Step 1 will move with the Person)
Step 2 is located at some arbitrary location

When the Animation is started this results in the Person moving towards Step2's location, and stay there because now Step1 and Step2 are at the same location.

Question:
How do I change the Position of Step2 to a different location periodically, so the Person will begin moving to that location?
And obviously not through the default Move interface, as I want the Person to keep moving on its own to semi-random locations.

I have tried using FloatParamRandomizer and other Plugins, but the Position X/Y/Z don't seem to be accessible from other Plugins.

Anyone care to shed some light into this?

maybe use two animation patterns . one to rotate an empty atom 360 degrees. for the second animation pattern you can parent odd# steps along horizontal plane too the empty atom and place static even # steps along the same plane . I wouldn't attach a step to the root control , just select the atom for receiver atom and use control (root control) for receiver . I did a test and added levitation for fun.

Attachments

• example pattern (2).jpg
    example pattern (2).jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply. I had to think a bit on what you are suggesting, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding it still.
I think you're suggesting making a kind of animation to attach to. I've tried this, and the Person moves around nice as the Step2 I walked about earlier is moved along an Animation Pattern. I do not see how this is random and accepts inputs from other sources (and I understand that last part is a new thing to talk about).
Maybe I should take a look at making a small Plugin in order to change/set the XYZ of any Control on-demand. Assuming those Attributes are accessible from code.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom