Answered Selecting/deleting/turning off all lights from a scene

brasileirinho

Reactions
is there any way to easily select/turn off all lights in a scene? I want to create a quick swap button in UIAssist to change lights. I can spawn the subscene with the preset lights, but I need to delete the scene original lights.

The intention is to easily customize every scenes. Like changing looks, clothing, etc. (these are easy peasy). But for lighting I don't know how to replace the original lights.

Or is there a better approach to do this, like reloading the scene using preset locks, or any other feature?

Lights are atoms, you can find them in the atoms list and delete them. If they're part of a subscene atom that gets loaded and changed, then it's more complex and you'd need to also change that subscene setup.
If you're looking for one solution to remove all lights in any scene and apply new ones, there's none because lights can be in any quantity and name, they're atoms like any others.
Also, each scene uses custom lighting as there's different needs in each scene.

Upvote 0
Lights are atoms, you can find them in the atoms list and delete them. If they're part of a subscene atom that gets loaded and changed, then it's more complex and you'd need to also change that subscene setup.
If you're looking for one solution to remove all lights in any scene and apply new ones, there's none because lights can be in any quantity and name, they're atoms like any others.
Also, each scene uses custom lighting as there's different needs in each scene.
That's unfortunate...

But how does VamX change lights? Does it simply loads a new preset on top of the existing ones?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom