SceneNinja

Plugins SceneNinja

Sorry to be a downer, but ... this is still too unreliable for me to use as a standard plugin. Maybe it's due to the huge-ass scenes I prefer (Slamt, TGC etc), maybe it's bcs my machine is not quite fast enough & stuff gets lost during async loads bcs some anim starts playing while the triggers aren't finished populating - or maybe it's my presets? - or whatever ... but the end-result is that I've found there's a pretty decent chance that the Ninja will have "ninja'ed" ANY plugins on all person atoms after scene löad.

So I've reverted back to using the Browser-Assist plugin mergeloads & deleting any double-loaded plugins - a little more tedious, but a lot more reliable, IMO.

Sorry for the lack of detail - and normally, I'm more than happy to assist with bughunting (especially for a superb idea like this) but in this case, "testing" means sitting through loads of tedious scene-loads, waiting to see whether I've twiddled my thumbs for nothing.

Could you maybe add some kind of diagnostic? I'd be A LOT more inclined to take the risk of a broken scene-load if I knew it wasn't completely for *nothing* ...

I actually think I know what this is, I just haven't had time to check to see if my theory is correct.

Check the plugin's UI once - does it show the same value for the plugin preset as it does the appearance?

I *think* the setting value was getting crossed somewhere, and it was trying to merge the appearance with the plugin. I also *think* I've got a fix implemented for this, but just need to test before updating.

If I'm right, you should be able to disable the plugin, load a scene, select a plugin preset, then enable/reload the plugin to make it do the merge. With this process, I'd expect it to work fine on a scene that failed previously. LMK. :p

Sorry to be a downer, but ... this is still too unreliable for me to use as a standard plugin. Maybe it's due to the huge-ass scenes I prefer (Slamt, TGC etc), maybe it's bcs my machine is not quite fast enough & stuff gets lost during async loads bcs some anim starts playing while the triggers aren't finished populating - or maybe it's my presets? - or whatever ... but the end-result is that I've found there's a pretty decent chance that the Ninja will have "ninja'ed" ANY plugins on all person atoms after scene löad.

So I've reverted back to using the Browser-Assist plugin mergeloads & deleting any double-loaded plugins - a little more tedious, but a lot more reliable, IMO.

Sorry for the lack of detail - and normally, I'm more than happy to assist with bughunting (especially for a superb idea like this) but in this case, "testing" means sitting through loads of tedious scene-loads, waiting to see whether I've twiddled my thumbs for nothing.

Could you maybe add some kind of diagnostic? I'd be A LOT more inclined to take the risk of a broken scene-load if I knew it wasn't completely for *nothing* ...

This should all be fixed with the newest release. It was my first plugin, so I had a callback defined when the display field for the plugin names was loaded.

When loading VAM with no scene, this would, for some reason, cause it to just pick the first saved presets it could find.

So, I just disabled the callback, as they're just display fields, and now I have no issues with plugin selections getting janky or scenes breaking. I've also enabled debug logging, so any errors should be sent to the message log. ;)

This should all be fixed with the newest release. It was my first plugin, so I had a callback defined when the display field for the plugin names was loaded.

When loading VAM with no scene, this would, for some reason, cause it to just pick the first saved presets it could find.

So, I just disabled the callback, as they're just display fields, and now I have no issues with plugin selections getting janky or scenes breaking. I've also enabled debug logging, so any errors should be sent to the message log. ;)

Ok, I can confirm that since the latest version, I've seen no more instances of "mass plugin deletion". It might interest you that I do indeed load most scenes from a completely empty default scene.

I've encountered one instance where the plugin seemed to make "strange choices" (I'll get back to you with a more specific report) - but the basic functionality works as advertised.

The plugin works great. One suggestion is to merge clothes from the scene.

Hmmm...so like, if you save an appearance preset with jewelry or makeup, it'll keep the scene clothing, but also load the other stuff?

That's not a bad idea. Let me see what I can do.

venkman updated SceneNinja with a new update entry:

Add "Merge Clothing" option.

As requested/suggested by @Goose.k - I've added a "Merge Clothing" option for appearance loading.

When enabled, clothing from the appearance preset will be kept, and clothing currently on the player atom will be added to the preset clothing.

Suggested usage is to create an appearance preset with stuff like eye reflections, nails, makeup, etc. and then let it merge with the existing player atom.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks to good job! Very cool work! :D
And it not work KittyMocap.KM306_Hard_Deepthroat.1.var this scene.
Much scene good work but that scene not changing girl.

Thank you for this amazing plugin.
I have one question though
When I press "F1 plugins" it only shows .vap files and not .cs plugin files
How do you search for .cs files in the "F1 plugins" option?

Thank you for this amazing plugin.
I have one question though
When I press "F1 plugins" it only shows .vap files and not .cs plugin files
How do you search for .cs files in the "F1 plugins" option?

It's for vap as you alluded to. You can simply pick a model and set the plugins you want on her/him and then SAVE as a plugin preset

You can then load that plugin preset from sceneninja - extra step, but the benefit is you can set multiple plugins with one file

This seems to work pretty well for females but for some reason on males most of the the times it breaks stuff like animations, they simply won't play. That happens even if the plugins are loaded but not enabled. I have no idea how to reproduce it tho.

Unrelated but could you make a simple session plugin which would cycle through all clothing? I want to have it all pre-cached if possible. Ideally it would also look into the var packages and cycle through clothing (by loading them onto a character), skin, mouth, teeth, and skin. Thanks so much.

Ideally I would just leave such a session plugin running overnight and have all the textures in vam cached to save time and cache all my var files.

great job,i like this plugin.could you please add a load random characters in the selected directory function.

only issues is with character clothing get change on some scenes ,if scripted like cuming ,creampie etc..any fix..EVEN on scene character changes..any way to get rid off

Last edited:
Some scenes will override the skin textures from the appearance preset selected in sceneninja. Does anyone know how to prevent that?

Back
Top Bottom