• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

SceneNinja

Plugins SceneNinja 6

venkman

Reactions
venkman submitted a new resource:

SceneNinja - Auto-Load Appearance and Plugin Presets in EVERY Scene

Hello again!

Today, I'm pleased to bring you SceneNinja, a brand-new Plugin inspired heavily by the incredible UIAssist plugin from @JayJayWon.

What does it do?

ninjass1-png.133938

"Default" Scene opened with the Kerry Appearance and VAMM/SilverExpressions auto-loaded

Simple. It allows you to load appearance and plugin presets on *every* person atom in a scene, as soon as that...

Read more about this resource...

This has potential to be one of the greatest additions to VAM ever made 0_0! , I remember requesting this not too long ago! , ability to load scenes and all plugins for reactions and moans and everything, its exciting, but in my game it had issues, the merge load worked with all plugins intact, but the plugins from the scene didn't load in... so the scene itself didn't work.

To be clear, it was a simple scene with two people, who each had 1 timeline plugin, and I tried to merge load a plugin preset with VAM_MOAN and a couple others. Characters loaded perfect and ignored clothes and scaled perfect, the plugins started at #2 ,#3 , #4 , but removed the original Timeline animations , there was no Plugin #1.

I hope this can be fixed this will be amazing!

Last edited:
Oh I got it to work once and its beautiful! , I had to re-define the plugin_presets, they were replaced with the appearance presets somehow.... I think each time I change an appearance , I need to set the plugins again or something... I have to test it more but at some point the plugin preset was getting changed.

Last edited:
Bugreport:
Mergloading appearance-, and plugin presets works beautifully on the female - but mergeloading pluginpreset on the male will kill all plugins on the dude.

I've noticed that when I tried to set up a custom UIAssist-button to load SN & wanted to grab the storables that the plugin-preset for the male wasn't present in the list. The name of the male plugin-preset gets written to the GUI of SN, however.

So my guess is that there's some kind of nasty typo somewhere when you register-, or populate the male plugin storable - it works on the female, so your general concept appears sound.

Bugreport:
Mergloading appearance-, and plugin presets works beautifully on the female - but mergeloading pluginpreset on the male will kill all plugins on the dude.

I've noticed that when I tried to set up a custom UIAssist-button to load SN & wanted to grab the storables that the plugin-preset for the male wasn't present in the list. The name of the male plugin-preset gets written to the GUI of SN, however.

So my guess is that there's some kind of nasty typo somewhere when you register-, or populate the male plugin storable - it works on the female, so your general concept appears sound.

Already fixed with v3 last night. 😉

Fix dumb issues caused by not paying attention to what I'm doing...

:ROFLMAO:

c/p mistake?

Thanks for the idea, for seeing it through, for the speedy fixes, and for SHARING IT! You made my life a bit easier ...

:ROFLMAO:

c/p mistake?

Thanks for the idea, for seeing it through, for the speedy fixes, and for SHARING IT! You made my life a bit easier ...

Not 100% sure, tbh. After several hours of staring at "just code" and moving files from one place to another over and over and OVER...it's easy to forget to do something or change something. In this case, the release this fixed didn't actually contain the latest code. Must have pasted to a different folder or something.

Thank you for this, its working perfectly for me now, and has changed the game for me.

Cool plugin, but I can't get female plugin merge load to work so that it would load e.g. Embody automatically. It loads the look fine though, what gives?

That's a great question. Maybe send me a pm with the details of what you're doing, and I'll see if I can re create the issue.

Dunno got it to work somehow, eh :)

But you cannot seem to be able load only plugin presets, can u? That would be cool!

Dunno got it to work somehow, eh :)

But you cannot seem to be able load only plugin presets, can u? That would be cool!

You should be able to load only one or the other - plugin or appearance presets. At least, that's how I designed it to work.

Dude this is awesome - I was actually messaging jay jay about similar functionality and he said to check this out. Would be amazing if you could add a timed randomization that pulls from a presets folder. For example in long dance sequences it would be great if you could set the model to auto change/and or to auto change clothing at a set time interval and draw presets from a designated folder. That's the dream but this is great great work. Well done.

You crazy son of a bitch. This is amazing. I love it.

Haha, thanks. I'm a big fan of your work, so that means a lot.

Speaking of which...I'm working on a full-scale replica of the apartment from Ghostbusters. Any chance you'd be interested in doing some mocap to roughly re-create the "Are you the keymaster/There is no Dana" scene? :p

Haha, thanks. I'm a big fan of your work, so that means a lot.

Speaking of which...I'm working on a full-scale replica of the apartment from Ghostbusters. Any chance you'd be interested in doing some mocap to roughly re-create the "Are you the keymaster/There is no Dana" scene? :p
Might give it a go in August. Let me know when you have it.

Might give it a go in August. Let me know when you have it.

I'll post a new asset when it's done - I'll be sure to tag you. In the meanwhile, check this out. (Excuse the ugliness, it's from my CAD app -it looks much better in Unity/VAM).

I may have gone a bit overboard on this one. And by "a bit", I mean, a LOT.

First, I found a bad copy of the floor plan from the original set design, which I used to make the bedroom (close to) dimensionally accurate.

Then, I started obsessing over the size and positioning of the windows and doors.

Then, I spent probably half a day just doing the exterior architecture...which is still far from done.

Today I've almost finished getting the kitchen set-accurate, including a to-scale fridge with working door. Because, you know. :p

I've got baseboards and crown molding, the details on the doors are there...

Oh, I also made a custom high-res skybox of the manhattan skyline based on a 3d "photo" I snagged off the web.

At this point, I've just gotta finish one or two more cabinet doors for the kitchen, add the island/table, and finish the architecture in the hallway leading up to the apt. I also want to make "the chair" as accurate as possible.

Then, it's just furnishing everything, fixing up textures, and finally, good lighting. :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    870.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • kitch1.png
    kitch1.png
    618.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    873.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    442.2 KB · Views: 0
I'll post a new asset when it's done - I'll be sure to tag you. In the meanwhile, check this out. (Excuse the ugliness, it's from my CAD app -it looks much better in Unity/VAM).

I may have gone a bit overboard on this one. And by "a bit", I mean, a LOT.

First, I found a bad copy of the floor plan from the original set design, which I used to make the bedroom (close to) dimensionally accurate.

Then, I started obsessing over the size and positioning of the windows and doors.

Then, I spent probably half a day just doing the exterior architecture...which is still far from done.

Today I've almost finished getting the kitchen set-accurate, including a to-scale fridge with working door. Because, you know. :p

I've got baseboards and crown molding, the details on the doors are there...

Oh, I also made a custom high-res skybox of the manhattan skyline based on a 3d "photo" I snagged off the web.

At this point, I've just gotta finish one or two more cabinet doors for the kitchen, add the island/table, and finish the architecture in the hallway leading up to the apt. I also want to make "the chair" as accurate as possible.

Then, it's just furnishing everything, fixing up textures, and finally, good lighting. :p
Jesus. Are you making this in Unity ?

Jesus. Are you making this in Unity ?

No, Sketchup Pro, which, arguably, is probably just as painful, considering I'm doing CAD with a touchpad. XD

But, I've got a few years of working with it under my belt now, so even the clunkiness of the software doesn't hurt so much.

I create the meshes in Sketchup and do rough coloring/texturing there, then export to Unity where I do some grouping of the meshes, maybe replace some textures if I want something that looks "nicer", and add colliders and any scripts for stuff like lights or door controls (when it's done). Then VamAssetExporter to VAM, where you know the rest. :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Can't wait to see the end result. I am interested in apartments. If you want to know why hit me up on discord.

Sorry to be a downer, but ... this is still too unreliable for me to use as a standard plugin. Maybe it's due to the huge-ass scenes I prefer (Slamt, TGC etc), maybe it's bcs my machine is not quite fast enough & stuff gets lost during async loads bcs some anim starts playing while the triggers aren't finished populating - or maybe it's my presets? - or whatever ... but the end-result is that I've found there's a pretty decent chance that the Ninja will have "ninja'ed" ANY plugins on all person atoms after scene löad.

So I've reverted back to using the Browser-Assist plugin mergeloads & deleting any double-loaded plugins - a little more tedious, but a lot more reliable, IMO.

Sorry for the lack of detail - and normally, I'm more than happy to assist with bughunting (especially for a superb idea like this) but in this case, "testing" means sitting through loads of tedious scene-loads, waiting to see whether I've twiddled my thumbs for nothing.

Could you maybe add some kind of diagnostic? I'd be A LOT more inclined to take the risk of a broken scene-load if I knew it wasn't completely for *nothing* ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom