Scene animation Trigger "Play AudioSource" reset after .VAR packaging

C&G-STUDIO

Staff member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
cgstudio
Hi there. I don´t know if I miss something, I am "blind" or anything else but here is the problem:

I want to package all our motion captured future content into VAR files as strongly suggested but the music trigger located in the scene animation main TAB will reset every time
I pack this scene and open it up in our clean testing VaM (always the latest version like the main VaM installation).

While packaging the mp3 music file is tagged as "fixable" and moved into the .var file by finalizing the package (screenshot). It doesn´t matter where the MP3 File is located before. I have tested like 5 different locations such as /AddonPackages; /Custom/Sounds and even directly in the folder with the json file before packaging.

By opening up the scene .var file the mp3 file is recognized by the Main Scene Audio Tab but in the scene animations Tab the "Clip" remains empty ( view screenshots )

Before we cant solve this probleme fo us it is not possible to switch into the .var format sadly so I hope badly somebody has a clue what I could do?

Thank you in advance

Gato from C&G-STUDIO

Attachments

• problem 1.jpg
    problem 1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 0
  • problem 2.jpg
    problem 2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
That could be cool to tell what you did to fix the issue tho :] ( if someone of the community drops on the post because he/she has the same problem, it could be helpful ).

I don't know what has fixed your problem... but I would definitely add something : stop using extremely complex file names especially with special characters. This will always backfire at some point.

Avoid { [ = + * $ and all fancy stuffs like that.

When you start authoring or developing content, this is a problem you always encounter at some point. So as a rule of thumb, letters (caps or not), avoid spaces and replace them by _ or -, no special chars. : D

You mean the beta fixed it ? Without changing anything ?

Back
Top Bottom