SallySoundFX

Plugins SallySoundFX

Sally Whitemane updated SallySoundFX with a new update entry:

Version 2.03 (Sally.SallySoundFX.5.var)

This update makes SallySoundFX dependency free.
It's compatible to previous versions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

EDIT:
I accidently included a "AVBeatsPerMinute.cslist" file in version 5.
That one cannot be loaded. It's missing the actual code.
This was part of an experimental live beat per minute detection that I decided to not include.
It was to unreliable and expensive (performance) for practical use.

Last edited:
Added a bouncing cube slave Plugin example to the overview page.
Previously there was only a cs-file template inside SallySoundFX.5.var.
This is a more practical 'ready to use'-example with cslist-file that actually shows something react to audio.

Did bind the VaM skybox shader to the cube material.
Removed the cube collection to not kick a person around the scene.

Sally Whitemane updated SallySoundFX with a new update entry:

Version 2.1 (Sally.SallySoundFX.7.var)

A small last update to 2.xx before a 3.00 release with shaders and many changes.
Reupload to fix it not loading in sub-scenes. (Thanks Shadow Venom)

Changes:
  • Added a new toggle that allows SallySoundFX to listen only to it's AudioSource instead of everything in the scene
  • Instead of allowing SallySoundFX only on certain atom types it does now check if the containing atom has an AudioSource
  • Minor performance optimizations
Any scene created with previous 2.x version is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
This is a great plugin, @Sally Whitemane . What is the AVBeatsPerMinute.cslist-Plugin and how can I use it? I am getting error messages trying to add it to a soundsource or to an empty atom. Thx!

@jaro That's a leftover file from old experiments with beat per minute detection. It's missing the actual code and cannot be loaded. This was not supposed to be in there. I should have deleted that one.
Because all currently released SallySoundFX versions did not include the "raw untouched" spectrum data it was not a good idea to do any beat detection with already "preprocessed" data ... so this ended up in the trash. This changes with the upcoming version 3.00. Every audio visualization has access to the raw data then.

Right now I'm working on reusable tabs for the 3.00 UI. Originally based on code by @moyashi - modified a lot.
With a new method for cross plugin communication (great performance especially with many visualizations) and the tab system I can now throw away the old "AVMoreTriggers" plugin too.
The beginning of the video shows how SSFX currently looks. Completely maxed out with UI space. Was able to squeeze in 4 triggers, but I'm not really happy with that. I know some "hardcore" users want more. Thinking about 8 or 10 triggers directly in the main plugin.. That should be enough.

@jaro That's a leftover file from old experiments with beat per minute detection. It's missing the actual code and cannot be loaded. This was not supposed to be in there. I should have deleted that one.
Because all currently released SallySoundFX versions did not include the "raw untouched" spectrum data it was not a good idea to do any beat detection with already "preprocessed" data ... so this ended up in the trash. This changes with the upcoming version 3.00. Every audio visualization has access to the raw data then.

Right now I'm working on reusable tabs for the 3.00 UI. Originally based on code by @moyashi - modified a lot.
With a new method for cross plugin communication (great performance especially with many visualizations) and the tab system I can now throw away the old "AVMoreTriggers" plugin too.
The beginning of the video shows how SSFX currently looks. Completely maxed out with UI space. Was able to squeeze in 4 triggers, but I'm not really happy with that. I know some "hardcore" users want more. Thinking about 8 or 10 triggers directly in the main plugin.. That should be enough.
View attachment 316094
Thank you for your detailed answer - I am looking forward for 3.0!