Runaway

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
vamurai submitted a new resource:

Runaway - If you're gonna run away you gotta find another way to begin.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that most of my ideas for scenes in VaM begin with a song. I'll be just listening to something on Spotify and without really paying attention, I'll kind of drift off, thinking about sexual situations that fit the vibe of the song. That's exactly where this scene started.

View attachment 174749

I've been wanting to put a scene to this song for a long while, I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to do it. I really needed something where...

Read more about this resource...

vamurai updated Runaway with a new update entry:

Update for a licensing mistake!

Hey everyone! In my attempt to minimize dependencies, and because I had modified Juno's original Naiomi look, I had wrapped my changes into a single, modified morph that I included with this scene. Unfortunately, I missed that Naiomi's license is CC-BY-NC-SA, which is not what I'd released this as.

To address this, I've removed my repackaged morph entirely, and simply pointed to Juno's original look, and made my modifications using the built-in morphs in VaM. It's not a large file, but I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very curious to see what the song in question is because after reading the description, all I can think of is this:

Excellent scene but still cannot beat SandMan. wish you could add all these scenes into sandman and make it longer series with more sex positions, add BJ,Anal and all positions into it. SandMan deserves extension, doing merge load of other scenes into sandman is not possible, it mess up everything. hope you can move all these scenes into sandman or if you can collab with @KittyMocap and @flyroxy they do have some nice foreplay scenes, merge load of scenes into sandman set doesn't work for me. hope three creators i like can collab and produce longer series on sandman setup.

How did you get the menu to stick in the camera view like that? It sits just out of reach in the blurry edge of my view in VR. I can't read it, can't grab it to move it. The most frustrating, aggravating thing I've experienced in VAM yet.

How did you get the menu to stick in the camera view like that? It sits just out of reach in the blurry edge of my view in VR. I can't read it, can't grab it to move it. The most frustrating, aggravating thing I've experienced in VAM yet.
Oh man, I am sorry to hear that! I had to get pretty tricksy to make the menu do that, and I tried to make sure it was nice and inside the view so you could use it, but enough out of the way that it wouldn't be bothersome.

The top of the menu has a capsule atom that if you grab it and move it around, you should be able to move the menu for better placement. As I look at it, maybe I should have adjusted its colors or other settings for better visibility. It's only visible in certain light.

Here's how I locked it there: In the Camera atom, you'll find the Timeline plugin set up. I have the Menu Bar noted above locked to the CameraRig/CenterEye for Position and Rotation so no matter where you look, it will take the menu with your view. I guess I could/should have put a timeline plugin on the menu bar itself and put this in there, instead of hiding it away in the Camera Atom.

1668194904638.png

Here's what I would do to fix it: either unlock the menu from there (see the above screenshot) by setting the Parenting of the Atom back to "none", or better yet, freeze motion and sound with the appropriate checkmark (this should stop timeline from "holding" the menu), then turn and look toward the fire in the fireplace so you can see the capsule "menu bar" above the menu, and drag it somewhere that makes more sense for your view. See the screenshot and gif below.

1668195183397.png

2022-11-11_12-34-26.gif

I'm super sorry that this didn't work for you! I will see if I can get an update that will help address this!

Last edited:
Excellent scene but still cannot beat SandMan. wish you could add all these scenes into sandman and make it longer series with more sex positions, add BJ,Anal and all positions into it. SandMan deserves extension, doing merge load of other scenes into sandman is not possible, it mess up everything. hope you can move all these scenes into sandman or if you can collab with @KittyMocap and @flyroxy they do have some nice foreplay scenes, merge load of scenes into sandman set doesn't work for me. hope three creators i like can collab and produce longer series on sandman setup.
Yeah, I hear you. That's high on my list of favorites that I've built. Earlier in the year I started a really big, really ambitious project where I had "one scene to rule them all" so to speak, where you could load different environments I've worked in, different looks, and different positions. I burned out pretty fast on it because there was no continuity. I think I enjoy most the aspect of the mood being set by the song and the environment, more than the exact positions or even the characters in the scenes. I'm still kicking the idea around, I just haven't put a lot of work into it in quite some time, sorry. :/

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that! I had to get pretty tricksy to make the menu do that, and I tried to make sure it was nice and inside the view so you could use it, but enough out of the way that it wouldn't be bothersome.

The top of the menu has a capsule atom that if you grab it and move it around, you should be able to move the menu for better placement. As I look at it, maybe I should have adjusted its colors or other settings for better visibility. It's only visible in certain light.

Here's how I locked it there: In the Camera atom, you'll find the Timeline plugin set up. I have the Menu Bar noted above locked to the CameraRig/CenterEye for Position and Rotation so no matter where you look, it will take the menu with your view. I guess I could/should have put a timeline plugin on the menu bar itself and put this in there, instead of hiding it away in the Camera Atom.

I'm super sorry that this didn't work for you! I will see if I can get an update that will help address this!

Wow, that is very clever! I looked everywhere trying to figure out what was going on, as I'm still learning :LOL: Thank for the info - I did wind up turning off the Physics link in the handle atom, and that got me through. I do admire your work though, and thanks for all your uploads. "Where do we go" is amazing!

Wow, that is very clever! I looked everywhere trying to figure out what was going on, as I'm still learning :LOL: Thank for the info - I did wind up turning off the Physics link in the handle atom, and that got me through. I do admire your work though, and thanks for all your uploads. "Where do we go" is amazing!
I'm glad you were able to sort it out! I'll take more care in the future on my menu planning, and I'll definitely make that "menu bar" more visible.

"Where Do We Go" is one of my favorites as well. I'm obviously biased, and I like my scenes a lot, but I was definitely pleased with the various movements, positions, and the environment. The good song doesn't hurt either. ;)

If you ever need any help with my scenes, don't hesitate to reach out!

Hello vamurai! I'm a big fan of your scenes. Unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy the "ride along cam" in the scenes for some reason. When I activate it, the camera just spins around all over the place. I'm using running it on desktop and have all the dependencies. Do you know why this might be happening? Not just in this scene, but others as well (Sandman, Come Hither, etc). I can't figure out why :(

Hello vamurai! I'm a big fan of your scenes. Unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy the "ride along cam" in the scenes for some reason. When I activate it, the camera just spins around all over the place. I'm using running it on desktop and have all the dependencies. Do you know why this might be happening? Not just in this scene, but others as well (Sandman, Come Hither, etc). I can't figure out why :(
Whoa, that's definitely strange. "When you say "spins around all over the place," does it seem like the camera is just rotating but not moving anywhere? You said desktop and not VR, which was going to be one of my first questions.

All of my scenes use the Embody plugin for the cam rides. There is usually a trigger somewhere that enables Embody, which is attached to an empty atom that's most often named "camera" or something similar.

I am tinkering with VaM settings now to see if I can reproduce it, and haven't found anything yet. Can you check to see if you have any session or scene plugins loaded when loading these scenes?

1668358240917.png

Whoa, that's definitely strange. "When you say "spins around all over the place," does it seem like the camera is just rotating but not moving anywhere? You said desktop and not VR, which was going to be one of my first questions.

All of my scenes use the Embody plugin for the cam rides. There is usually a trigger somewhere that enables Embody, which is attached to an empty atom that's most often named "camera" or something similar.

I am tinkering with VaM settings now to see if I can reproduce it, and haven't found anything yet. Can you check to see if you have any session or scene plugins loaded when loading these scenes?

View attachment 175982
Thanks for the response! Yep, what I meant was the camera is rotating along different axis but actually not moving anywhere. I don't use any Scene/Session plugins usually and I double checked and there were none of either when this occurs. I'm using the scene out of the box (below is from Runaway). BTW, I noticed that the cam-ride works for "Goodbye" scene, just not for the others.

VaM_1vCviCSpVL.png

I do also see that there is indeed a Camera object with Embody attached as you mentioned (Control menu after starting the Runaway scene):

VaM_p9BxcMZYun.png

VaM_XELIhhHicX.png

POV works perfectly btw.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! Yep, what I meant was the camera is rotating along different axis but actually not moving anywhere. I don't use any Scene/Session plugins usually and I double checked and there were none of either when this occurs. I'm using the scene out of the box (below is from Runaway). BTW, I noticed that the cam-ride works for "Goodbye" scene, just not for the others.

POV works perfectly btw.
Man, I just can't reproduce it. I am working on investigating things I may have done differently in Last Goodbye vs the other scenes now.

And you're on the latest version of VaM? Have you double-checked to see if any of the dependencies/packages have been blocked? Really, only Timeline and Embody would seem to matter here.

POV works perfectly btw.
Okay, well the number one thing that's different in Last Goodbye is that the Plugin I am using for the camera is not Embody, it's the much older version from Acid Bubbles called Passenger. Passenger eventually was rolled into Embody, which includes Improved POV, Snug and some others. This leads me to believe the problem lies with Embody. Maybe it's worth deleting the package(s) entirely from your installation and re-downloading it? There might also be something in "Other Settings" in Embody that could be affecting this. I'm not sure if any of these settings would cause that sort of behavior, but it's worth a try?

1668464991288.png

Paging Dr. @Acid Bubbles ? You ever see anything like this before?

Alright, I was able to reproduce it, but only by unchecking something that appears checked in your screenshots above. I did it by unchecking Lock Camera Position in the Camera Embody options for Passenger. Maybe try unchecking and re-checking this in the scenes that aren't working?

Attachments

• VaM 2022-11-14 15-48-18.mp4
    31.5 MB
Alright, I was able to reproduce it, but only by unchecking something that appears checked in your screenshots above. I did it by unchecking Lock Camera Position in the Camera Embody options for Passenger. Maybe try unchecking and re-checking this in the scenes that aren't working?
Unfortunately no luck. Things I checked:
- Using latest version (non 2_x) version of VAM - which is 1.20.77.9?
- Dependencies seem to be fine (package manager shows all the references as being present).
- Reinstalled Embody.58 used by this scene
- Unchecking->Rechecking Lock Camera Position - then clicking Start on the scene. This actually makes the camera stop rotating, but instead I see an object moving (likely the camera along the path that you programmed it to move for the scene?), but my player view is not moving along with that camera. I noticed in Embody menu that Active is not checked even though the scene has started. If I manually check Active, the camera starts spinning on its axis again.

VaM_Vs0cavmtZq.png

Appreciate all the time you've spent digging into it. I'll continue to play around.

@vamurai @amemocha actually yeah I had a few reports of a "camera spinning", most of them without many details. I'd try unplugging any gamepads you might have first, as Embody has the ability to adjust the POV with your gamepad if you have one... so a problem with the gamepad's dead zone would result in the camera spinning. I had in my todo list to detect whenever the gamepad is already moving when launching the plugin and disable that feature to avoid any confusion, still on my list though.

Let me know if that was the problem <3

@vamurai @amemocha actually yeah I had a few reports of a "camera spinning", most of them without many details. I'd try unplugging any gamepads you might have first, as Embody has the ability to adjust the POV with your gamepad if you have one... so a problem with the gamepad's dead zone would result in the camera spinning. I had in my todo list to detect whenever the gamepad is already moving when launching the plugin and disable that feature to avoid any confusion, still on my list though.

Ahah! That was it... I had my Playstation controller plugged into my PC. Wouldn't have figured this out.

Thanks a lot for the help @Acid Bubbles and @vamurai

Wow! I don't know if I'd have made it there on troubleshooting, but it's in my back pocket now! Thanks for this, @Acid Bubbles! Glad you were able to get it sorted @amemocha, hopefully the camrides are worth the fight!

vamurai updated Runaway with a new update entry:

Double the time, double the positions!

Back in late fall, before the holidays, I started an update for this scene. The intention was to have Naiomi switch positions from cowgirl to reverse cowgirl. Then the holidays came on, and my extra time ran short, then some family crisis stuff near the start of the new year took even more time, but I'm finally back into the swing of things.

View attachment 221113

I've finally wrapped this update, and I present it here. Reverse cowgirl time!

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...