Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Rubberleash - Smoothly attaches to another atom, like parenting but with interpolation and triggers.

Ever wanted to parent something, and un-parent it in a trigger, but smoothly? Or ever wanted to follow two objects at once? Well now you can!

Check out the video to see how it works:

This plugin allows you to define a parent (and a relative position/rotation to that parent), and decide how much you want to follow that parent. Check out the video for a complete example, but here is the typical use case: attach a hand to the cheek in some...

Read more about this resource...

Goddamnit. Just read the description for what this does. So you're saying that it's not only built into Timeline 4, but I've also been doing ALL of my detailed animation in Timeline THE HARD WAY?

Hahaha. Man, I can't wait to try this out :)

Love this. A quick question - is there any way to save 'record current position' in a scene? I'm having to reset the position every time I re-open the scene. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Just checked. Nothing on the error log. I record position, as an example, right hand as a yawn in front of person's face. Save scene. Reload scene. Increase weight to 100%, and the right hand flies through the head and out the other side. LOL. I run three session plugins, CUAManager, FPS and UIAssist - maybe they are interfering?

Anyway, its great either way. Maybe its something limited to my system. I'll still use it in any case. Thanks.

Hi. I'm using the latest version. Rotation isn't working. See setting below for reference. I set the rigidbody to lfoot control as well with no difference in outcome. I just cannot get it to track anything but position. Is this supposed to happen?
1647134608755.png

The code is fairly simple: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-rubberleash/blob/master/RubberLeash.cs#L194

I'll try it myself as soon as I can (which sadly can take a little time) or if you can share a simple scene that shows the problem, it'll save me some time (just the .json)
Hey Acid Bubbles. No rush at all! I'm just now returning to this too. Thanks for linking the code. I just started my VAM coding education with a couple of the guides available here, so maybe troubleshooting this will be a good introductory homework assignment.
Thanks again!
CG

Hi, I want the camera to follow so I RubberLeash it to the hip. I also don't want the camera to rotate so I pick "position" for "parent transformation." It doesn't work as expected and still seems to be rotating. I even try to lock rotations on the camera but still, nothing.

What I tried (and it worked the way I wanted) was:
-added an empty
-parented the empty to the hip
-locked rotations on the empty
-selected empty as the parent from within RubberLeash

Did I miss something and didn't really need to do all of that?

@Acid Bubbles I could try to provide an example but a simple example is just this:

-Open defaut scene
-Turn on window camera and position it to face the person
-Add RubberLeash to camera
-In RubberLeash, set person's chest control as parent, record current position, and set weight

The camera view now moves to follow the person. When the person spins around, the camera revolves to face the person as in the initial position.

What I would like for camera to do is not revolve around the person to get to the initial view, but only keep up with the person's position.

I thought selecting "position only" for "Parent Transformation" would do what I wanted but it didn't seem to work.

Adding an empty as I mentioned before works just fine but it would be easier without having to do all of that.

Aaaah I think I see. Keeping up with position will keep the object's position in relation to the parent, meaning if the parent turns, the object will turn around. Rotation will only affect the direction of the object, so with position only, it'll still move around the head when in turns, but keep pointing forward.

When you say "keep up with the position" I imagine you mean something like "move on the x-z axis but keep centered on the z axis" or something like that? If so I _think_ you can achieve something close in VaM but I can't remember how. There was something that allowed locking only some axes...

Back
Top Bottom