Can't replicate Resolution bug / suggestion about vamx button

hentailondon

Reactions
I have a very weird bug where VaM keeps forcing max resolution (1440 x 2560) even though i set it to 1920x1080 in launch options / bat files / configurator. It's important to allow smaller resolutions for example when recording in FHD for better fps.

The weird thing is, it seems to be connected to the addonpackages folder. If i empty it and start VaM with a set resolution, it works properly.
But once a certain number or combination of var files are added (it's not a specific var causing this), the resolution force happens.

Please fix this Meshed, i spent hours looking for a cause / solution :x

Suggestion about the vamx button:
Maybe add a toggle to hide the "add vamx" button backed in the UI, it does look a bit messy and kinda ruins the clean UI look, bust most importantly it can cause users to accidentally press it and ruin their whole setup scene!

VaM itself won't change your resolution at all. It sounds like one of the addons is doing that if you have it loaded. I don't know which addon would do that so this isn't something I can fix since it is not in VaM code.

If you disable the vamX.1.<version> package using Package Manager, the button will no longer appear on the panel. Then you can just enable this package again when you want to use it. I can't take the time to figure out a better way to present this or hide it. Previously vamX was adding its own button to the UI that could also be accidentally pressed, so this is not much different other than location.

Thanks for your reply Meshed.

The issue did not come from a specific addon, restarting my computer did fix it eventually.
However it was very strange that moving some files out of addonpackages folder or unpacking a lot of vars affected the game resolution forcing before.

If you'd ask me, i liked the "add vamx" button position and clean look from the previous session plugin a lot more, but that's just my opinion.
It would be nice though, to have a way to just disable the "add vamx button" without turning the whole plugin off.

Thank you for making this awesome game and keeping it updated <3

Back
Top Bottom