Can't replicate Resolution falls back to screen resolution when game is not responding

amaimon

Reactions
I always run the game in FHD, as all text in UHD is too small to be legible. Anytime when the game is not responding and I am unlucky enough to click the screen, the game will revert to UHD, becoming illegible again.

How are you forcing the game to run in FHD? I'm unable to replicate any change to resolution after game is running.

Here is the best way to force the desktop monitor resolution in VaM: Hold down the control key while double-clicking VaM (Desktop Mode).bat to start VaM. Continuing holding down the control key until you see the VaM Configuration box appear. Now select the resolution you want to run at and click Play!. In all future cases VaM will remember your preference.

Another thought. You can use the UI Scale slider at bottom of the monitor UI. Click the 3 vertical dots button and you should see this UI Scale option. That should make text legible in UHD

Aaaaaaah! OK, I'll try the scaler.

I'm forcing the game to run in FHD by running it via Config and selecting 1920x1080. Then when there's a long load in the game and I try to interact with the screen, the game resolution will snap back to UHD, which is my native resolution.

That is really strange. I don't have any code in there to change resolution at runtime. I wonder if some external utility is changing the resolution for you? I don't know what that would be though.

Don't worry. I can live with UI scaling. Would you be so kind, though, and drop me some more tags to look for missing refs in this thread:

Back
Top Bottom